“Booked, arrived - and immediately cancelled”

and 1 more site!
Home 1 Extended Stay
Ranked #107 of 137 Hotels in Memphis
Northern Ireland
“Booked, arrived - and immediately cancelled”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We arrrived at the Studio 6 Memphis to be advised by a helpful member of staff if we wished to check the room first before confirming. We were wary on arrival as the hotel is not in a tourist or commercial area and the lobby was in poor condition.
The pool area and stairs en route to the room were in fairly poor order but on arrival at the room, it was found to be very dirty and stained, poorly equipped, much of the furniture had been removed and everything looked to be in poor condition.
We were able to cancel without payment and left. I would not recommend staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ian_mcc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 1 March 2013

WE have always dealt with STUDIO6 on 4300 American Way For The Past Three Yrs. OUR Stays There Has Always Been Very Pleasant and THE STAFF Hospitable.This Past Summer While WE was There They Were Orchestrating a BACk To School STUDIO6 Supply Drive for the Children/Students There That Dwells There Within That Hotel Walls/Premises under the "Extended Stay".I Found That Act OF Kindness to be the most UPMOST and Outstanding Act That Could Have Ever Been Done.These Supplies were Donated By the Surrounding COMPANIES/CHURCHES/CITIZENS, Within and Beyond' PARAMETER Of STUDIO 6...We are Glad to be Lodgers. WE WILL BE STAYING THERE AGAIN.."THANKS STUDIO6 FOR LEAVING THE LITE ON FOR US"...LOL....MR.&MRS.T.GRAHAM..NOW WE ARE EXTENDED STAY LODGERS...VERY ECONOMICAL...THANKS ALOT

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank HoniiBerrii49
Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Pool: Dirty, no water, and full of debris. Outdoor jacuzzi; Dirty, no water, and full of debris. Room; Dirty, carpet multi stained, mold all over the bathroom. Refrig; smelly, dirty. I am sure that I have bedbug bites. Never again!

Room Tip: Get a good room somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank califdann
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stay there often when I travel through Memphis, although in June, I was given a second floor room.
To get to be disintegrating. I did notice some yellow tape hanging along the stairs, although not blocking them.
Otherwise, I liked the motel. The rooms are clean, have a small kitchen, and are, for the most part, quiet. For the price, I am fairly satisfied, although I do prefer the first (ground) floor.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank dcksnhere
Pineville, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 July 2010

DO NOT stay there! One bar of soap, no shampoo. Non-functioning coffee maker(and they supply coffee only on the check-in day!)..If you want WiFi, they charge 4.95 a day(it was our understanding it was free)..Dirty carpet, and bugs. *I suggest you bring a gun into your room if you stay there* Also, IF you like loud,rude waitresses, you'll "love" the Waffle House next door!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WalterB220
Texas
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I arrived on a Thursday. The room was terrible. And the section of town was unsafe. The room was infested with roaches, they came and sprayed but it didnt help. Then toilet stopped up for no reason and I was moved to another room. The next room was on the 2nd floor and still more roaches!!! There was a guy on the first floor selling something out of his room. People would come up to the window and purchase what looked like drugs. I tried to move to another place but the Church Of God In Christ was having their annual convention and the city was booked up. I was stuck in this rat-hole until Monday morning. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS PLACE AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Candie2010
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 January 2010

We stayed there 2 nights visiting Graceland. Reception told us to be careful and to park the car outside the reception window. We paid cash and went straight to our room. Room was rather small, but clean, with cooking facilities, fridge and kettle. We had a room on the ground level and we did not feel too safe, however we spend all time outside the room, we only slept there a few hours. We did not know Memphis was such a dangerous place, but we had no troubles at all.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple