“Hotel Staff Are Great!”

Crowne Plaza Memphis East
Ranked #57 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 24 July 2014

From the moment I arrived the hotel staff made sure that whatever I wanted and needed they took care of it. Cynthia at the front desk got me checked in for some needed rest. The Housekeeping Supervisor Dorothy Foundren made sure my room was outstanding. Carl in the Grill saw to it that breakfast was a blessing. Latasha Amos, followed with a warm welcome to Memphis. I will be back to the hotel Memphis.
Sam Jenkins.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam J
TheHotelMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

It is always our pleasure to go above and beyond for our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words of appreciation for our staff. We will make sure the specific staff members that you've mentioned are recognized for their extra efforts. We greatly appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel Memphis.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Memphis East

Reviewed 23 July 2014

l was inundated by mosquitoes in the lobby but I survived. The room looked nice and the sheets were cleaned. The floors had not been vacuumed, I slept well but when I woke up the next morning the thumb and right side of my hand was purple and swollen. Something had bitten me during the night. I assumed it was a spider because no mosquito could do that amount of damage. I had packed a first aid kit for the trip and for three days I applied an oil that I had just received from Amazon before leaving home. By the fourth day the color had returned and the swelling was going down. Please clean and vacuum your rooms thoroughly.

Room Tip: Bring Bug Spray
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TheHotelMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We deeply regret to learn of your experience at our hotel and would like to take this opportunity to apologize if anything prevented you from receiving the good night's rest you deserved. We take these claims very seriously and will pass your comments along to our management team for further review. Thank you for alerting us of your experience and we hope you'll allow us another opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Mr. Anthony Adams is the guy to go to! He's so helpful and knowledgeable about the hotel! Great guy, too!
The hotel staff are great! From the moment we got on the shuttle the service has been absolutely outstanding!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent visit! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Hotel Memphis and we hope you'll visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

One of the nicest places in Memphis. From the time you drive through the secure gates and enter the grand lobby you know it will be a excellent stay. comfy beds, nice size rooms. Everything seemed clean everywhere you look. was also glad to see tastefully designed iron fencing around perimeter and felt very safe. Would recommend this Hotel while staying in Memphis.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank roadpilots

We are happy to know that you would recommend The Hotel Memphis to other travelers. Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review, as we are delighted that you enjoyed the spaciousness and comfort of your room. We hope you'll visit with us again, as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

To start, check in was awesome! Devin made a great first impression of the hotel and was very professional! The house keeping was very polite and I saw something I never saw before... A member of the crew named Michael Gernandee was cleaning the inside of a trash can with polish! I was astonished! Ms Dorothy Fondren was a complete sweetheart and was telling me about the asset she has in Michael. The hotel was very clean and fresh and the décor was beautiful! The pool and Jacuzzi were also very clean. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your positive impressions of our property. Our entire staff is committed to ensuring that our guests' time at The Hotel Memphis is memorable in every way. We truly appreciate your kind acknowledgment of their efforts. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

A little hard to find if you are unfamiliar with the area but upon driving into the gates, my whole mindset changed. Traveling with daughter and grandchildren (4) ages 2 to 11. The lobby is wonderful. We ordered a pizza and ate in this huge lobby with nice tables and chairs to accommodate a small groups. A young lady, Shantela, helped us with plates, napkins etc. She also helped with the towels for the pool which was a nice inside pool and an outside one. This is like a hi-rise, about 14 floors, very well kept, clean and the ajoining rooms we had were set up great for a lg family. Floors were clean couldn't have been more pleased. The breakfast was wonderful. Eggs, sausage, french toast, cereal, juice, fresh fruit, pastries, oatmeal already made. The only thing is that if you don't request the breakfast upon your reserving the room you will need to show your key card and you will be charged $10 @ room for the breakfast. Which is still a great deal for that spread of a breakfast. Also, Marilyn will be helping to find you a table, clean it and make you feel right at home. What a worker she is!!. This was a very pleasant stay and will be returning if we go that way again. Thanks Marilyn and Shantela for all your help and kindness.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review of The Hotel Memphis. We are truly pleased to know that we were able to impress you with the amenities that we offer including our pool area, breakfast and lobby. We are pleased to know that our staff members made you and your family feel right at home. We will certainly share your review with the team members that you’ve mentioned and we hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

From the moment Devin checked me in at the front desk, I knew this hotel had a special staff. Devin was polite, courteous and made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived! Though the hotel needs some updating it was clean, inviting and well worth visiting. The staff in the hotel Cafe was as inviting and accommodating as Devin. Alicia in house keeping made sure my room was spotless and that all my needs were met. This is a great home away from home. This type of service is what you expect from much pricier properties. I will definitely stay again when in town on business.

Room Tip: If traveling to Memphis, looking for a great hotel that is convenient to all the area attractions an...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robb Y

It is wonderful to know that you consider The Hotel Memphis your home away from home. We certainly appreciate the kind words that you've shared for our staff and look forward to passing them along to our team! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time in Memphis and truly appreciate the high rating and compliments for our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.