“Do Not Stay!!!!”

Ranked #54 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Florida City, Florida
“Do Not Stay!!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recently stayed at The Hotel Memphis knowingly that it was the old Marriott East I expected it to live up to those same standards. Boy was I fooled! As soon as we walked in the entrance lobby smelled like Old Dirty Mop water, the elevators had a mind of their own, literally it took forever to get to your desitnation floor going pass my floor up and down before letting me off. The rooms were stale, musty, and smelled like Mold. The floor had food stuck to them and floor which means the carpet needed a really good cleaning or needed to be replaced. The shower tub filled very quickly which meant that showers had to be limited in time. The rooms didnt have a refrigerator or microwave to eat our left over good bags from the restaruants we visited. The mattress were dirty and worn. The entry gate continue to get stuck after it locked at night and we would have to wait in long car lines and some even went thru the out gate because it was taking entirely to long for them to open. Unreal to ask guest to pay $129 per night for such foolery. I will never stay here ever again and I would advise you to do the same. Dont trust those photoshopped pictures of a nice, clean, hotel....very misleading! Hope I saved someone from misery!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel! Period!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank carlana_1
TheHotelMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Although we are always grateful for our guests' feedback, we are saddened to know that we were not able to impress you on this occasion. On behalf of our staff, I would like to offer my heartfelt apologies for the inconveniences that you encountered while with us. Please know that your experience does not reflect the high standards of customer service we've set in place and we are working hard to improve our property. We are grateful for your insightful review, as it lets us know which areas of our hotel require our immediate attention. We hope you will someday allow us another opportunity to regain your trust in our services.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was very excited to stay here one night out of our 2 week road trip. I felt very safe qith the safety fence and all of the staff we interacred with weee fantastic, especially the very kind woman running breakfast. Everything seemed just a little old and run down. Not bad but the lobby was beautiful and I had high hopes for the room.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for choosing The Hotel Memphis. It was a pleasure to accommodate you during your 2-week road trip. The safety of our guests is always our highest priority so we are happy to know that you felt safe and secure during your overnight stay. Thank you for letting us know how we can improve for our future guests and we hope you will have the opportunity to visit with us again.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 July 2014

From the moment I arrived the hotel staff made sure that whatever I wanted and needed they took care of it. Cynthia at the front desk got me checked in for some needed rest. The Housekeeping Supervisor Dorothy Foundren made sure my room was outstanding. Carl in the Grill saw to it that breakfast was a blessing. Latasha Amos, followed with a warm welcome to Memphis. I will be back to the hotel Memphis.
Sam Jenkins.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sam J
TheHotelMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
It is always our pleasure to go above and beyond for our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words of appreciation for our staff. We will make sure the specific staff members that you've mentioned are recognized for their extra efforts. We greatly appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel Memphis.
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

l was inundated by mosquitoes in the lobby but I survived. The room looked nice and the sheets were cleaned. The floors had not been vacuumed, I slept well but when I woke up the next morning the thumb and right side of my hand was purple and swollen. Something had bitten me during the night. I assumed it was a spider because no mosquito could do that amount of damage. I had packed a first aid kit for the trip and for three days I applied an oil that I had just received from Amazon before leaving home. By the fourth day the color had returned and the swelling was going down. Please clean and vacuum your rooms thoroughly.

Room Tip: Bring Bug Spray
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We deeply regret to learn of your experience at our hotel and would like to take this opportunity to apologize if anything prevented you from receiving the good night's rest you deserved. We take these claims very seriously and will pass your comments along to our management team for further review. Thank you for alerting us of your experience and we hope you'll allow us another opportunity to welcome you again.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Mr. Anthony Adams is the guy to go to! He's so helpful and knowledgeable about the hotel! Great guy, too!
The hotel staff are great! From the moment we got on the shuttle the service has been absolutely outstanding!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent visit! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Hotel Memphis and we hope you'll visit with us again soon.
Mount Olive
Reviewed 23 July 2014

One of the nicest places in Memphis. From the time you drive through the secure gates and enter the grand lobby you know it will be a excellent stay. comfy beds, nice size rooms. Everything seemed clean everywhere you look. was also glad to see tastefully designed iron fencing around perimeter and felt very safe. Would recommend this Hotel while staying in Memphis.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank roadpilots
We are happy to know that you would recommend The Hotel Memphis to other travelers. Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review, as we are delighted that you enjoyed the spaciousness and comfort of your room. We hope you'll visit with us again, as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.
Collierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 July 2014

To start, check in was awesome! Devin made a great first impression of the hotel and was very professional! The house keeping was very polite and I saw something I never saw before... A member of the crew named Michael Gernandee was cleaning the inside of a trash can with polish! I was astonished! Ms Dorothy Fondren was a complete sweetheart and was telling me about the asset she has in Michael. The hotel was very clean and fresh and the décor was beautiful! The pool and Jacuzzi were also very clean. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive impressions of our property. Our entire staff is committed to ensuring that our guests' time at The Hotel Memphis is memorable in every way. We truly appreciate your kind acknowledgment of their efforts. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back again.