“One of our best hotel stays ever!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown
Ranked #30 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We were at this hotel for a family wedding and had a WONDERFUL experience. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I got sick while we were there and the staff brought me extra Chamomile tea, cups, etc. Our room was made up promptly when requested, our car was brought by valet in a timely fashion, and they made sure our Hilton Honors points were credited. At one point I came back sans husband (under whose name the reservations were made) and without my key; the clerk very appropriately made certain who I was and verified with my husband that she could let me into the room. The hotel has an adjoining Friday's, which was convenient, and was walking distance to a number of restaurants, convenience stores, liquor stores, and the trolly. It was also close to the Peabody where you can see the ducks marching in and out twice a day.

The hotel also took special requests very seriously and made every effort to accommodate them. We highly recommend this property.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Ghee A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback you provided regarding your recent stay. We take great pride in the service we provide and I am glad to hear of the additional chamomile tea one of the Team Members provided you with when they found out you were under the weather. I am glad you had such a great stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Memphis!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,921)

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This hotel is located 2 blocks from Beale St and the forum also right across the street from the Baseball stadium that the Cardinals affiliate play in (AAA) had a great experience at this hotel will stay again

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with the entire Team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Memphis!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel was located right on Union Street, and was walking distance to many of the downtown attractions and Beale Street. The on-property restaurant is a TGI Fridays. The room was comfortable, although the lighting was fairly dim. The lobby is open and modern, the rooms were updated, and clean. Parking is valet, and was $22/day, but it is downtown and parking is going to cost something no matter where you park. the front desk and bellhop/valet staff were extremely friendly and courteous, and were ready to provide information and recommendations.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We take great pride in the service we provide and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Memphis.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

At first glance, this hotel looks a bit shabby and rundown. The decor and color scheme takes you back to the 70's. However, the staff at the reception counter gave us a friendly welcome, and the warm chocolate chip cookie (provided by all Doubletree Hotels) just hit the spot after a long day's traveling. The staff was also very helpful and accommodating. They helped me apply for a Hilton Honors membership and helped us book a tour to Graceland.

Our room was large and clean despite the dated decor. The bed is also very comfortable. After settling in, we noticed that there was a guy playing the piano in the lobby. The music was nice and we sat for a while in the lobby enjoying the music and the cozy ambience it created.

The location is great. It is a short walk to Beale Street, the main attraction of downtown Memphis, with its many restaurants and bars. There is a Denny's close by, which serves a good breakfast. Peabody Hotel with its marching ducks is also a stone's throw away.

Wifi is free.

Overall, this hotel gives good value for money, since it is not very expensive. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Ghee A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time give us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found the staff to be helpful and accommodating. Ware glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Memphis.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

First my wife was forced to wait 30 minutes to check in at midnight because I was the person who reserved the hotels.com booking. While she waited, they said I had to call a 1-800 number to verify she was actually my wife. During this time there were highly intoxicated men rummaging about the lobby trying to talk with her. Secondly, the toilet had a large amount of previous hotel guest "waste" which greeted my wife with class. They "fixed" the problem the next morning, which included the toilet failing to flush our entire 5 day stay. Thirdly, our AC\HEATER stop working after 10-15 min of continual usage.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Jason,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. I have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Great Hotel overall. Only 1 minor issue with the bathtub not fully draining during a shower. Very clean hotel/room. Felt very safe walking to and from hotel to Beale even after midnight. Would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear of the slow draining shower, but am very glad that you felt the hotel was very clean and safe. I have shared your comments with the team so that we can continue to get better and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Memphis!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The staff was nice and helpful, however the quality of the room was very disappointing. The room did not appear to have been vacuum or dusted in quite some time. The lighting was very dim, which made me nervous as I noticed more dirt when I would shine light onto the floor. The perimeter of the room was grey indicating massive amounts of dirt and dust. I stepped on numerous pieces of little garbage on the carpet. I found garbage behind my bed when I was trying to locate an outlet. There were used napkins, coffee creamer cups, guitar picks, etc. There was also coffee spills on the walls that nobody bothered to clean off. The bathroom floor was also dirty and dusty. There was also a bulb burnt out which made it difficult to get ready in the morning. Overall, I did not feel clean while I stayed here which would make me NOT return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alicia P
Ghee A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your candid feedback regarding your recent stay. A clean room is a basic necessity for a good stay and I am terribly sorry we let you down. Please know that your review has been discussed with the Team and we are working towards correcting the deficiencies. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Memphis, so that you can experience our commitment to guest satisfaction. Thank you again!