“Clean, updated, noisy lobby.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown
Ranked #27 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean, updated, noisy lobby.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Was here over a weekend for business so I will give the hotel some credit. This hotel is setup more like a Embassy Suites with the busy lobby outside your room door. However, it was past 10 p.m. and the lobby was still very noisy. The staff eventually sent the kids away but it was a bit frustrating as I was there for a business meeting the next morning. The hotel staff were super friendly and overall I enjoyed my stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Korean first
Starkville, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We go to Memphis about once a year to spend the night/weekend and we always stay at Double Tree downtown. We had a nice big room this time which was really nice, but we were on the first floor. We like to be up higher. Our view was the gravel top canopy in front of the hotel, but we weren't there for the view but to eat out and go to Beale. Only thing that I was disappointed about was the bedding didn't seem as thick and fluffy as it used to be. That's always been our favorite part, the fluffy comforter and pillows! Of course, I love the warm cookies!
Check out Bon Ton Cafe while your there. It's a great place for breakfast and it's only a short walk from Double Tree!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked this hotel because of its location in Downtown Memphis--close to Beale Street and to restaurants and shopping. It did not disappoint. Our one complaint was that the room and the bathroom seemed dark--more lamps and an additional bedside table in the room and a light in the shower area of the bathroom would have helped. We did enjoy the warm chocolate chip cookies when we arrived and as a dessert after dinner. When we left, we were offered cookies again, but they were not warm.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Atlanta, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel itself is fine. Unfortunately I encountered 2 of the nastiest, rudest people imaginable. i arrived prior to check out time and expected to wait in the lobby until my room was ready. The desk clerk yelled at my twice that I was early and she really did not know when a room could be ready. My room was ready about an hour later, which is about what I expected. My key did not work twice and I had to wait 15 minutes for engineering to assist. Again a whole lot more attitude from the same desk clerk. In the morning I tried to enter the restaurant at 6:00, the advertised opening time, but the door was locked. Roughly 8 other guests who were also waiting for the restaurant to open gave up and walked across the street to Denny's. At 6:15 I asked the second nasty clerk when the restaurant would open and she replied that it was open. There is an unmarked door in the corner that is used for breakfast. No problem with this but why not tell the guests so they know. there were 2 nice people; another desk clerk who make a taxi reservation for me and a housekeeper who tried to assist when I was sitting on the floor in the hall outside my room waiting for engineering to help.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ghee A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Carol,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and impression made during your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations through ongoing training. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Thank you!

Travellers are raving about these Memphis hotels

Kingman, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the DoubleTree. I didn't realize it was valet only parking and that charge is $22/night. I will say the valet service is the quickest I have ever had. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes (most times it was less) to get my car out. I had a great experience with Adam who was giving me ideas of where to go in Memphis as it was my first time. He was very charismatic and enjoyed talking about Memphis and he definitely was helpful.

The decor in the rooms are very new but some of the paint was peeling in the bathroom. There also wasn't a fan in the bathroom so if you kept the door closed it got pretty hot in there. Some nights they had someone playing a piano and a drink cart, wish it was every night. I also never caught the cookies when they came out so either I missed them completely or there wasn't very much to begin with.
I would definitely stay here again if on business, staff was great!

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and have a corner room across from the ballpark. Every night there is a ga...
Miami, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This pricy DubleTree Hotel offers an old facility with plumbing issues and careless, not to mention rude personnel. The Hotel offers a 24 hrs Valet parking where the employees goes and get your car, and if you are the only customer standing by you may get your car in 5-10 min. If is weekdays around 7:30am, get ready to wait between 30-45 min. It was a sad experience for a Hilton Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Ricardo,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and we will use your comments as part of our ongoing service training. We understand how important our interactions and value are while traveling and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Thank you again!
nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

we just left the hotel. the staff was so accommodating. everything was as advertised.the location is worth staying there. one block from the rendenvouz, two blocks from beale street, across the street from the peabody and the ballpark. the valet parking is worth the$22.00 per day. we'll be back!!

• Stayed June 2014