“Doubletree Memphis overall very good!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown
Ranked #32 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 17 February 2011

The only negative I have to say about this hotel is that our room was not ready at check in time, however the hotel was very busy we arrived in the middle of the International Blues Competition which was being held in the town! Staff were friendly and we were given a warm cookie while we waited....lovely considering it was FREEZING in Memphis, we managed to escape the snow so that was good!
This hotel was very good, rooms were clean and modern, very comfotable beds. Complimentary internet in business centre. Just 15minutes drive from Graceland and 5 minutes to Beale Street. On same avenue as Sun Studio's which was a 20 minute walk, however there is a free shuttle to return you to the hotel. TGI Fridays in Lobby which was good, try there buffet breakfast (all you can eat). A very pleasant stay - would stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FionaStorey
Write a ReviewReviews (1,949)

Reviewed 16 February 2011

This is about the 5th time I have stayed at this hotel. Its just far enough from Beale that if you don't want to deal with the nighlife you can not hear it, but if you want to be in the middle of it your 2 blocks away. Hotel is average for a Doubletree, could use some updating but overall is a comfortable stay. I would recommend staying above floor 8 so that you are outside the lobby area of the hotel, cuts the noise way down.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank wick1979
Reviewed 18 January 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Doubletree Downtown Memphis for a two-night layover on our way to New Orleans. We booked our stay on Priceline for $65/night, plus $20/night for parking. What a deal! It's a beautiful hotel right in downtown Memphis, two blocks from the famous Beale Street. Every staff member we encountered was super friendly and helpful, and our room was very nice. We had a king-size bed, which was extremely comfortable, and our room had an enormous bathroom. It was an easy drive to Graceland, and just a few minutes away from Sun Studio. I'd definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SandS99
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We stayed at this same hotel on Christmas day and were treated with respect. However at check in on new year's day around 8pm, the manager wasn't very nice. She wan't able to answer questions directly and only responded to my request after I asked for her supervisors name and phone number. This indicates that she could have given me what I wanted in the first place, instead, she chose not to.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank elishabaii
Reviewed 13 December 2010

We stayed three nights over Thanksgiving. We were very comfortable in the room and customer service was good, including valet. There is only valet parking which was really ok with us. A couple blocks to Beale Street, and nice shops and restaurants in the downtown area. I really didn't appreciate the TGI Friday's in the hotel. Service, what service and food just medicore. But with so many choices with in three blocks of hotel you should check out the possibilities. I enjoyed window shopping at The Peabody while my husband enjoyed the poker table at Tunica Horseshoe Casino. Will be writing on the Restaurant experiences in that category.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joks1
Reviewed 8 November 2010

The location of this hotel is great, but that's the hotel's only perk. They charge $20 a night to valet park your vehicle, info not shown on the website. At check in we were told that free Starbucks coffee would be provided in the morning, then the next day they said there was no free coffee. I paid more to stay at this hotel than any other (including downtown Hollywood & Chicago), with nothing to show for it. It's a standard room with nothing free...For the price, I would have rather stayed at the Peabody.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tinapinwheel
DoubletreeCare, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2010

Dear our Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your disappointment in your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and we really appreciate you taking the time in letting us know the areas that need improvements. I do apologize that you were inconvenienced with our Valet Services and I certainly regret that we did not exceed your expectaions with your stay. We have discussed your comments with our associates to let them know the importance of your concerns. It is guests like yourself that help us to improve our hotel amenities and services through your detailed feedback to our associates and team. These comments are utilized in our training and to make us aware of areas that are not up to our guests and our expectations.

Thank you for your business and your time in letting us know the areas that we fell short in making this a perfect stay for you. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us another chance the next time that your travels bring you to Memphis to see that your comments were used to improve our services and hotel to be the best here at the DoubleTree Downtown Memphis, the “Soul of the City”.

Thank you and have a great day!

Swietlana Cahill
Doubletree Hotel Downtown Memphis

Reviewed 8 November 2010

I had a great time staying at the Doubletree Hotel in downtown Memphis. I am unsure of how other people could have had an experience that was so completely different from my own.

We arrived very late at night because we had to escape from the Radisson Hotel at the airport. We dropped the car off at the valet and were greeted by helpful, friendly people. We had made non-refundable advanced purchase reservations through hilton.com. The rate was $100.00 less per night that the Peabody next door was charging.

Our room was spotless and a good size. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. We slept so well.

In the morning we wanted to have breakfast at Brother Juniper's. We were told that the parking priviledges allowed us to take the car in and out as much as we wanted. Most hotels in metropolitan areas do not allow this, so we were thrilled with this option.

Friday morning we drove around Memphis exploring the area. We brought our car back and again were greeted by a wonderful staff. The ladies at the front desk remembered our names as we walked by and asked how our day was.

Saturday we took the car out again and had no problems.

The hotel is only two blocks away from Beale, so it is close enough for convenience, but far away from the potential noise. I couldn't ask for a better location.

For the individuals that complained about the cost of parking... When I have stayed at a hotel in a downtown city setting, there is always a cost for parking. It is extremely rare that parking is free and that you had the ability to take the car in and out without any additional charge. I feel trapped at hotels where you park your car and you can't take it out without paying each time. For example, at the Hilton in Chicago or the Hyatt in Milwaukee, once you park your car you have to pay each time you take it out. The cost of parking here was only $20 per day. Deal with it! I'm sure that the Peabody will charge you for parking.

Free breakfast? I'm sorry, but I don't expect this in a hotel. While we did not eat breakfast at the hotel, there was breakfast available. There was an omlete station and I could smell bacon and other food as we walked through the lobby.

I am planning another trip to Memphis because we had such a great time. I will never stay anywhere except the Doubletree Hotel in downtown Memphis.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizzzg

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that we did meet your expectations and we really appreciate you taking the time in letting us know how wonderfull your stay was with us. I will share your comments with all of our Associates and Thank them for a job well done! We are very proud of our Team and we are committed to deliver excellent guest service to each and every guest on daily basis.

We appreciate your business and we hope that you will come and visit us soon again when your travels bring you to Memphis.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Switlana Cahill