“Good place to stay for a night”

Motel 6 Memphis Downtown
Ranked #91 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The staff was very friendly and we felt like we were in good hands. We only spent one night here. The neighborhood seemed a little seedy but it's a very short drive to downtown/Beale Street and we had no issues of any kind. It ended up being a good choice for us. There were some minor stains on the sheets and it was definitely outdated but it's a motel and I wouldn't have expected anything different. If you are going to stay in Memphis for more than one night I would probably recommend staying somewhere else just because the only real security feature this place has is the lock on your door. As I said though, we had no issues. Overall, for a motel, we were very satisfied for the price and location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The room did not exceed my expectation. The sheets used were not very comfortable. However, the staff was friendly. There is a Walgreens on the opposite side of the motel and this makes it easier for you to find things especially if it's urgent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The room was TOO HOT they need to fix the air conditioning unit! Roaches seen crawling on the ceiling. Bed mattress wore out, couldn't have been changed in 20 years. Television so small you'll need a magnifying glass to watch it. Not to mention not a good selection of TV stations. Static on every channel. Thank u God for AIR because the heat was UNREAL!!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND A DOG TO STAY IN THIS ROOM!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had a ground floor room which was smelly and on arrival no towels and one pillow short. Staff were friendly and happy to supply the missing items. Would not recommend this unless you are just looking for a basic place to crash. In a pretty rough area so taxi required to get anywhere after dark. That money could be spent on better places closer to the action.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Room was passable, really irked at the up charge{ seperate transaction from room} for Wi-Fi {per device and 1 never did work} No fridge or Microwave so room seemed spacious.
Is convenient to fast food and Walgreens, if coming in from the South on the fringe of rough area but seemed safe enough.
I'd not repeat.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chuck B
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Upon arrival noticed hotel is under construction. Pool is empty and left accessible so keep your children away. While eating dinner I spilled tea on my shirt and when going outside to get a new one out of the car manager stop me screaming at me telling me if I didn't put onthe shirt I would be asked to leave so upon entering my room went to go to the bathroom to which had a crack pipe sitting on the counter and this is supposed to be a cleaned room when I went to the management they told me I would be kicked out and lose my money if I had any other complaints

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Ripley74
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We did our home work and found this inexpensive motel that is 5-10 minutes from downtown Memphis and Beale street. But we failed to inquire about the basic amenities that we needed, such as a microwave and refrigerator. Neither of which they had. So we checked out the next day and checked into another Motel 6 which is close to Graceland, our second destination. The room was clean also. If you don't need any amenities, this place is okay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple