“Superb Service!”

Ranked #61 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee
“Superb Service!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stay at this red roof all of the time because of the quality of service I receive when I am there...
Dallas is wonderful and gets me checked right in and most of the time I am there before check in time but he is very accommodating in every way! They have also renovated this hotel recently which makes my stay even more comfortable!

Room Tip: Newly fully renovated rooms so no complaints anywhere they put me
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
DallasLawrence, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Memphis East, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I do appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review on your stay and giving us 5 stars. It really takes a team effort in getting all our ducks in a row and I'm proud to say I have a great team behind me helping to please each and every quest. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here in Memphis and like our new remodeled rooms. Look forward to your next visit and giving us a chance to 'WOW' you even more.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 1 July 2014

the room was musty. the air conditioner worked but its dirty and falling apart. the bath room could have been cleaner. I received a message while it was out and the blinker stayed on the whole time I was there even though I called and got my message. the person (Dallas) who checked me in was very nice and helpful

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Victor, Idaho
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I got a great price on a renovated king room where we were allowed to bring our dog and cat. I booked and paid online 2 weeks in advance and got an additional discount. The hotel is nothing fancy from the outside, but our room was well appointed, clean and comfortable. The King bed was amazing! We were close to where we needed to be the next morning at 8AM so all in all this worked out great for us. One comment - the front desk guy could be a bit friendlier - think his name was Jay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank IdahoShelby
DallasLawrence, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Memphis East, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Memphis East Red Roof Inn and you are right the King bed is awesome but then again so are our Queens LOL. I hope the next time your travels take you to Memphis we will see you again. I want to apologize for Jay, the week you were here he had been working at one of our other locations full time and full time at our location and I think those 18 hr days was getting the best of him, so was not at his best.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed there about a week .. first of November 2013..Video cameras everywhere.. I suppose ok security but police was driving through a few times a day .. Best thing was Crackel Barrel was right next door within walking distance.. which was a big plus.. room was clean but watch the staff watch you.. There was a person that was all over the property from India that watched our comings and goings..Just to see if someone went in our room we placed a piece of paper where it could not have been seen in the top of the door and went out. When we returned it was gone.. no where to be seen. We called the front desk to report the Indian gentleman might have gone in our room and the front desk made all kinds of excuses and said probably not and wasn't concerned..Then we were going out and saw fire trucks and ambulances there all over the front.. What I was told is there was a young lady staying there that had locked herself in and tried to commit suicide and cleaning crew bused the door down and she failed at suicide.. Anyway if you can stand the excitement lol...and the sinister looks and actions of going ons in the parking lots and rooms . then I say go for it..but if you are cautious you might want to find another hotel..But the location is great.. the service is ok.. and the place is pretty clean...and five minutes from all the area activities.. restaurants and shopping and such..

Room Tip: Put your vehicle where it can be seen,keep an eye out the window looking for lurkers.. make sure you...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael P
DallasLawrence, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Memphis East, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thanks for writing us a review. And yes we have about 40 cameras on location and we do encourage our local Police Dept. to do 3 drive throughs per shift for added security and to fill up on free coffee..lol I've been here a little more than a year and haven't had any break ins, and that says a lot here in Memphis. Look forward to seeing you again the next time your in Memphis.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was at the hotel about 3 yrs. ago, so I was VERY happy about the remodeling and upgrade to the room. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I will stay there on my next trip. There are several restaurants near and also shopping.

Room Tip: The deluxe king is great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Louie5226
DallasLawrence, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Memphis East, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us again, we appreciate your loyalty. And you are correct, there are about 30 restaurants within a mile and several that will deliver to our location not to mention the Wolf Chase Mall just 3min down the road. I'm glad you liked the remodel it was a long process but really made a great difference. Look forward to seeing you again in the future next time your in town.
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel has been remodeled since the last time I stayed there. It is VERY NICE ! I enjoy staying there because it is a quite area. I will be defiantly be staying there again when my travels take me back to Memphis. Dallas was the person who checked me in and also when I checked out. He was very nice and great sense of humor :-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MDB1972
Thank you so much for leaving us a review and giving us 5 stars!! We are glad you had a nice stay here at our Memphis East location and look forward to seeing you again if your travel plans bring you back to our area.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while visiting the Memphis area. Its a little bit out of the CBD but easy enough to get anywhere, for example you are only 15 minutes away from Graceland. The rooms are newly renovated with all the amenities you would require. There are places to get food around the hotel. The front desk were very helpful and overall it was a really comfortable 2 nights.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellingPiglets
DallasLawrence, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Memphis East, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I sure am glad you enjoyed your stay here in Memphis and appreciate all your kind words. Look forward to seeing you again the next time you pass through.