“Red Roof Inn, Exit 12 / Sycamore View (I-40)”

Red Roof Inn Memphis East
Ranked #60 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Atlanta, GA
“Red Roof Inn, Exit 12 / Sycamore View (I-40)”
Reviewed 4 October 2006

If you want absolute budget then this is almost it. $38 gets you a simple room with a tv and not much else. No internet at all and I did notice that there were some apparent cleaning issues such as bottles and wrappers being stuffed in various spots behind the furniture. My room had wires hanging out behind the desk where the cable hooks up to the tv...electrical hazard for sure. There were some shady characters there but I never felt insecure. The place was actually full so I guess people will put up with minor inconveniences. The girl at the desk was great and had a good attitude.

2 Thank UgaDawg71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tennessee
Reviewed 6 August 2006

Stayed here one night, left for one night to stay in a nearby town, returned to this hotel for another 2 nights. Both rooms were Kings, first room was cleaner (floors) but both were ok. The bed takes up most of the space, small table and 2 chairs were in the way and we moved them to make a walkway around the bed. Adequate for our needs, Red Roof is pet-friendly and we have stayed at several. Convenient to I-40, family restaurants within walking distance, nice landscaping, staff is friendly and helpful, GREAT coffee machine for your morning coffee, needed a clock/radio in room and they replaced it immediately. We paid $42.49 online rate and felt it was a good value. Maintanance says they're due for a renovation within the year. Would stay here again.

• Liked — location, price/value
  • Disliked — needs a continental breakfast
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank bootsie2
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed 24 July 2006

I stayed at this hotel for one night. I found the hotel to be very clean and very quiet. It is right off of I-40 and very easy to find. This was the first time that I have stayed at this hotel, but I have stayed in this area several times and have never been concerned about safety. The hotel was very inexpensive, and I would definately stay there again.

• Liked — Cheap, clean, and quiet
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — If driving from downtown memphis, it is off exit 12. Not 12A, 12B, or 12C - just 12, which is after 12C.
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank Traveller21345
Oxford, UK
Reviewed 25 April 2006

We stayed here during our road trip, one the first night we'd booked 2 rooms but couldn't get there in time due to car trouble and was no hassle changing the booking on the day. Location is fairly easy to find and you can walk to places to eat if you're a bit tired, although obviously not great places to eat. Room was clean and a good size. Didn't seem noisy.

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank chemical_girl
Pigeon Forge, TN
Reviewed 5 April 2006

This location is easy to find and always a great deal for the money. I paid $43 for a weekend night....nice people, great security, clean overall.

Would stay here again and again!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed April 2006
3 Thank professor_computers
union city, tn
Reviewed 19 January 2006

For what it is, it is great, our son was in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the women's hospital, by baptist east, it was maybe a 5-10 min drive to the hospital which was great for us, I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD ABOUT THE STAFF, the staff was so compassionate to our needs, and always made sure that we were comfortable, and even gave us discounts and free rooms, because we basicly lived there every weekend for 2 months, and a night or 2 during the week for 2 months, I cannot be any more pleased with the staff of the red roof

• Stayed May 2003, travelled on business
3 Thank hackjenn
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 November 2005

Even though the desk took a night off from our 3 nights (I showed them some bedbugs), it still wasn't worth the price (room 226). The sheets were not changed for our first night; I requested a change for the next day, and then the third day the cleaning crew didn't show. The mattresses had tiny (old) blood stains from the bedbugs. Really horrible.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member