“No I don't have any KIDS !!!”

Fair View Inn & Suites
Ranked #74 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The lady at the front desk was soooooo RUDE AND RACIST!!!! She insisted that I had kids when I repeatedly told her that there would only be 2 guests in my room!!! The room was so dirty and smelled like smoking, not to mention it was a NON-SMOKING ROOM!! The bathroom was filthy!!! In fact, FILTHY is an understatement. When i asked for a refund she began yelling at me and my friend. She even told us to never come back again! And believe me I WONT!!! Obviously because she was the owner, she felt that she could speak to me ANY KIND OF WAY! They will never get my money again....(RATE THIS PLACE A NEGATIVE INFINITY)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Salenalady
ABVIMemphiAirport, Manager at Fair View Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Salenady,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. As a matter of policy, we do require that the correct number of adults and children be registered at check in. We do take each complaint seriously. After investigating, we did not find any issues with your room during your stay. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Regards,
NC-GM
America Best Value Inn-Memphis Airport, TN

Reviewed 16 June 2012

The management of this hotel is horrible. They charge extra for everything. You want a microfridge, extra. You want a larger TV, extra. You want on the first floor, extra. I stayed here for a week and the rate kept going up. After this week I booked 3 more nights online. The management will not give you the advertized rate if you don't book online. I was staying in the same room that I had been in all week. They demanded that I pay for the reservation by 11:00 am. I took off work and came back to the hotel. I was met in the office by a horrible woman. She started screaming at me and the other person in my room. It took me five minutes to get her to stop screaming. I have been travelling for 40 years and have never been treated like this. She told me that I had to remove my stuff and check back into the same room later in the afternoon. She said if I didn't like this I could just leave and go to a different hotel. She then said if I wanted to stay in the same room without moving I would have to pay an additional $10. I paid because it was more trouble to move. After paying she made sure that I knew I had to be out by 11 am. The entire management of this place is awful. They offer no service and barely speak any english. The rooms are marginal with threadbare towels and dirty bathrooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve H

Dear Steve H,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you had mentioned. We do offer basic rates for our guests who are on a budget. We also offer rooms for our guests who are wanting to spend a little extra which also has upgraded amenities. This pricing strategy helps to keep our costs down and also to be able to offer affordable accommodations. Payment is due promptly each day according to our checkout time which is 11:00AM. It the responsibility of the guest to make payment arrangements with us. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Regards,
NC-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Memphis TN

Reviewed 26 June 2011

I have just one of the most horrendous encounters that I have ever experienced in my lifetime at this hotel property.

At approximately 10:50PM on June 25, 2011, I logged onto the web and made a reservation at this property. Upon arrival to the property, I advised the front desk clerk that I had an existing reservation and provided him with the confirmation # for said reservation. The clerk, who I later found out was named Patel, informed me that he did not show any record of my reservation. He then advised that I would have to pay the property’s regular nightly rate.

I inquired as to why I was being overcharged when I had an existing reservation, and he said that he had not received any information from the Reservation Department on the reservation that I had booked. I advised Patel that I would call the toll free reservation line to request their assistance with this issue.

I dialed the reservation line, I spoke with Reservation Agent Robin, who asked for my name and quickly pulled up the reservation in her system. She then said that she would fax over the confirmation which included information on the rate I booked. She also indicated that she would give the property a call. She placed my on hold, and then attempted to call the property. By this time, three additional employees of the hotel joined Patel, and I am unsure of what was being said because they refrained from speaking in English. As I was standing at the front desk, the phone was ringing, but neither of the employees would pick up the phone. Robin came back to my line and asked if I was standing at the front desk. I told her yes, and then she asked that I inform the hotel employees that she was dialing the property, and to please pick up the telephone. I relayed Robin’s message, and shortly after, they picked up her call.

At this point I am completely unsure of what the agent was telling the property employees, but the gentleman that she was speaking with went absolutely ballistic. It is my understanding that the gentleman that she spoke with was the Property Manager. The next thing I know, I was asked to leave the property. I have never been asked to leave ANY establishment, and I was completely appalled, and totally unsure of what had transpired on the call. The Property Manager kept saying to me that since I called the Reservation Line I could not be given a room. I even offered to just pay the regular rate to avoid all of the confusion, but I was told to get out. After Robin’s conversation with the Property Manager, she came back to my line and apologized for the gentleman’s behavior. I then advised Robin that I had been asked to leave the property. Again, she apologized for the gentleman’s behavior. She said that she was unsure of what set him off, and that he’d hung up on her .

After leaving the property, I asked Robin what could be done to ensure that no other customer shared the same experience that I had. No one has ever spoken to me as this Property Manager did, and in addition, I am not sure where the problem lied. Was he upset that I made a reservation online? Did he not want to charge me the rate that I booked? Was this whole tirade because I am African-American? I am completely stumped!!!!

But, I do know that no customer of any hotel chain should ever be spoken to and treated in the manner I was tonight. This type of behavior is completely unacceptable. This entire scenario was very hurtful and embarrassing to me as a consumer, human being, and a hard-working, law abiding citizen.

Room Tip: Do Not Do Businesw With This Location!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank MyExperience2011
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I should have known something was not quite right when I called to make a reservation and was told that they were unnecessary. The location was a bit sketchy, located immediately next to a bus station. I entered the lobby to find that it was locked to customers. All business was transacted through safety glass and a window slot. I decided to give the place a try, though, as the clerk was friendly at least. The first room I was assigned, on the second floor, did not have working wi-fi. For that, I had to be relocated to the third floor, which was done immediately. The room was average, with standard linens, beds and shower. On the plus side, it did have Holiday Inn cups and a Red Roof Inn telephone! The bathroom light flickered, but worked...until 11 p.m., when it went out entirely. I went to the front desk with the burned-out bulb for a replacement. There was none to be found, and I was told to wait until the next morning, since there was no one who could replace it. I asked to be taken to an unoccupied room to get a replacement bulb. I was, and then discovered that I had to climb to the ceiling to get the bulb down myself. I replaced it in my room, and it lasted until the next morning, when it, too, burned out. If you're looking for a cheap, no-frills stay, this place is for you. As for me, I'll look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank bovenzba
Reviewed 19 June 2010

We had stayed at this location when Memphis in May was taking place. My family wanted a clean and safe place to stay. We looked around a bit but could not find a good place. Then we found this great location. We got a great price for the room and the rooms were very clean. I felt very safe at that location.

1  Thank Larrycochron
Reviewed 1 January 2010

My family and I went to Memphis for a vacation. When we went in the lobby to check in the person working the shift was so friendly. The price was fairly cheap considering the kind of room you get. The room was very clean, my compliments to the housekeepers. We also felt very safe their. The next time we go to Memphis we will stay their again and again.

1  Thank RonnieElvisFan
Reviewed 27 January 2009

We stayed there a couple of days and I liked it there the staff was very friendly and the rooms were also very clean. It is also close to Graceland. We enjoyed the stay there. I recommended that you stay there too.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank R0bert101