“FANTASTIC PLACE TO STAY!!!!”

Fair View Inn & Suites
Ranked #74 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
“FANTASTIC PLACE TO STAY!!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The hotel management and staff are just fantastic!! With out us even asking and from hearing a convo with my husband about his electric cart we had to get. They gave us an accessible room! Pretty spacious, very clean. Not a hotel with all the bells and whistles and frills but it was so clean, beds comfy, great staff. THE best value and place we have stayed at. I highly recommend it. Free coffee in the morning to get you going out the door. As a matter of fact just booked my next stay there for August. You want something that has no bugs, clean, clean smelling not a chemical clean smell?? Friendliest staff? Comfy beds? Good shower water pressure that don't run cold? Free parking? Food and convenience stores right by it? Then this is your place! It is my go to hotel for now on!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Samanthab2341
ABVIMemphiAirport, Manager at Fair View Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 October 2014
Dear Samanthab2341,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean rooms. We take great pride in exceeding the expectations of our guests. We hope to see you again sometime!

NC-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Memphis Airport, TN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Checked into the hotel sheets and towels were dirty. The bathroom was filthy. After going to dinner in town, I was told it was an unsafe area. I should have known. The front dest is behind bullet proof glass. I checked out within two hours they refused refund any money for the night. Don't make the same mistake I did.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TMZ31996
Dear TMZ31996,

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay in 2013. Sorry for taking so long to get back with you. I am concerned about the issues you experienced with housekeeping. We typically do not have any issues. However, we could have overlooked things. We would have gladly provided you with a much cleaner room had we known of this. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

NC-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Memphis Airport, TN
Columbia Heights, MN
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I had an 8:30 AM flight out of the Memphis airport recently and needed a place to stay near the airport. Based on Tripadvisor reviews and the motel's quoted price, I chose the America's Best Value Inn on American Way. I am not hard to please. Give me a room with a comfortable bed, clean linens, and an overall clean room with the basics working plus free internet access, then I am happy. This motel mostly satisfied these requirements but with some deficiencies.

First of all, I am never impressed with any establishment where you must conduct business with a person behind bulletproof glass. That was the case here. The whole neighborhood must have security issues as I later walked down the street past the bus station to a gas station for a few snacks. I was greeted there also by a cashier behind similar glass.

About the room. The light in the bathroom was burned out. The linen, while clean, definitely had some mileage on it. The television, while having a multitude of channels to choose from, had no remote control. Also, there was no in room coffee maker, blow dryer, or tissues.

If you are looking for basic accommodations at a reasonable rate near the Memphis airport, this motel is a reasonable option. As for me, Memphis offers too many alternatives for me to ever stay at this motel again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank twocars
ABVIMemphiAirport, Manager at Fair View Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear twocars,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn Airport, I wish to thank you for making the effort to share some feedback with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and reasonable rates. I understand that there are many lodging choices out there. And we try to control our costs by not having alot of extras. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns across the Country.

Vishal-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Memphis, TN
Lanham, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The lady at the front desk was soooooo RUDE AND RACIST!!!! She insisted that I had kids when I repeatedly told her that there would only be 2 guests in my room!!! The room was so dirty and smelled like smoking, not to mention it was a NON-SMOKING ROOM!! The bathroom was filthy!!! In fact, FILTHY is an understatement. When i asked for a refund she began yelling at me and my friend. She even told us to never come back again! And believe me I WONT!!! Obviously because she was the owner, she felt that she could speak to me ANY KIND OF WAY! They will never get my money again....(RATE THIS PLACE A NEGATIVE INFINITY)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Salenalady
ABVIMemphiAirport, Manager at Fair View Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Salenady,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. As a matter of policy, we do require that the correct number of adults and children be registered at check in. We do take each complaint seriously. After investigating, we did not find any issues with your room during your stay. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

NC-GM
America Best Value Inn-Memphis Airport, TN
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 June 2012

The management of this hotel is horrible. They charge extra for everything. You want a microfridge, extra. You want a larger TV, extra. You want on the first floor, extra. I stayed here for a week and the rate kept going up. After this week I booked 3 more nights online. The management will not give you the advertized rate if you don't book online. I was staying in the same room that I had been in all week. They demanded that I pay for the reservation by 11:00 am. I took off work and came back to the hotel. I was met in the office by a horrible woman. She started screaming at me and the other person in my room. It took me five minutes to get her to stop screaming. I have been travelling for 40 years and have never been treated like this. She told me that I had to remove my stuff and check back into the same room later in the afternoon. She said if I didn't like this I could just leave and go to a different hotel. She then said if I wanted to stay in the same room without moving I would have to pay an additional $10. I paid because it was more trouble to move. After paying she made sure that I knew I had to be out by 11 am. The entire management of this place is awful. They offer no service and barely speak any english. The rooms are marginal with threadbare towels and dirty bathrooms.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve H
Dear Steve H,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you had mentioned. We do offer basic rates for our guests who are on a budget. We also offer rooms for our guests who are wanting to spend a little extra which also has upgraded amenities. This pricing strategy helps to keep our costs down and also to be able to offer affordable accommodations. Payment is due promptly each day according to our checkout time which is 11:00AM. It the responsibility of the guest to make payment arrangements with us. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

NC-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Memphis TN
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I have just one of the most horrendous encounters that I have ever experienced in my lifetime at this hotel property.

At approximately 10:50PM on June 25, 2011, I logged onto the web and made a reservation at this property. Upon arrival to the property, I advised the front desk clerk that I had an existing reservation and provided him with the confirmation # for said reservation. The clerk, who I later found out was named Patel, informed me that he did not show any record of my reservation. He then advised that I would have to pay the property’s regular nightly rate.

I inquired as to why I was being overcharged when I had an existing reservation, and he said that he had not received any information from the Reservation Department on the reservation that I had booked. I advised Patel that I would call the toll free reservation line to request their assistance with this issue.

I dialed the reservation line, I spoke with Reservation Agent Robin, who asked for my name and quickly pulled up the reservation in her system. She then said that she would fax over the confirmation which included information on the rate I booked. She also indicated that she would give the property a call. She placed my on hold, and then attempted to call the property. By this time, three additional employees of the hotel joined Patel, and I am unsure of what was being said because they refrained from speaking in English. As I was standing at the front desk, the phone was ringing, but neither of the employees would pick up the phone. Robin came back to my line and asked if I was standing at the front desk. I told her yes, and then she asked that I inform the hotel employees that she was dialing the property, and to please pick up the telephone. I relayed Robin’s message, and shortly after, they picked up her call.

At this point I am completely unsure of what the agent was telling the property employees, but the gentleman that she was speaking with went absolutely ballistic. It is my understanding that the gentleman that she spoke with was the Property Manager. The next thing I know, I was asked to leave the property. I have never been asked to leave ANY establishment, and I was completely appalled, and totally unsure of what had transpired on the call. The Property Manager kept saying to me that since I called the Reservation Line I could not be given a room. I even offered to just pay the regular rate to avoid all of the confusion, but I was told to get out. After Robin’s conversation with the Property Manager, she came back to my line and apologized for the gentleman’s behavior. I then advised Robin that I had been asked to leave the property. Again, she apologized for the gentleman’s behavior. She said that she was unsure of what set him off, and that he’d hung up on her .

After leaving the property, I asked Robin what could be done to ensure that no other customer shared the same experience that I had. No one has ever spoken to me as this Property Manager did, and in addition, I am not sure where the problem lied. Was he upset that I made a reservation online? Did he not want to charge me the rate that I booked? Was this whole tirade because I am African-American? I am completely stumped!!!!

But, I do know that no customer of any hotel chain should ever be spoken to and treated in the manner I was tonight. This type of behavior is completely unacceptable. This entire scenario was very hurtful and embarrassing to me as a consumer, human being, and a hard-working, law abiding citizen.

Room Tip: Do Not Do Businesw With This Location!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank MyExperience2011
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I should have known something was not quite right when I called to make a reservation and was told that they were unnecessary. The location was a bit sketchy, located immediately next to a bus station. I entered the lobby to find that it was locked to customers. All business was transacted through safety glass and a window slot. I decided to give the place a try, though, as the clerk was friendly at least. The first room I was assigned, on the second floor, did not have working wi-fi. For that, I had to be relocated to the third floor, which was done immediately. The room was average, with standard linens, beds and shower. On the plus side, it did have Holiday Inn cups and a Red Roof Inn telephone! The bathroom light flickered, but worked...until 11 p.m., when it went out entirely. I went to the front desk with the burned-out bulb for a replacement. There was none to be found, and I was told to wait until the next morning, since there was no one who could replace it. I asked to be taken to an unoccupied room to get a replacement bulb. I was, and then discovered that I had to climb to the ceiling to get the bulb down myself. I replaced it in my room, and it lasted until the next morning, when it, too, burned out. If you're looking for a cheap, no-frills stay, this place is for you. As for me, I'll look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed July 2010