“Has been better”
Review of The Kings Head

The Kings Head
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Llandovery
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Langres, France
“Has been better”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Nice atmosphere. Large pub, with new owners. The room is clean, with leather lounge. the bar is really nice.
The meals would be top class for a pub. it's true for the prices quite expensive, but not for the quality / quantity. The chowder is good but so small without any presentation. Gammon steak does not worth 12 £. Same for the Stroganoff which is basic.
We were here 4 years ago, the cooking and meals were typically good pub food with lower prices. Much more valuable.

Visited May 2013

Hereford
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I would like to thank the staff and Manager , Andy, for the great service they provided on providing refreshments and food following a funeral recently.
Everything was first class , from freshly made sandwiches to welsh cakes etc and plenty of tea and coffee.Many thanks.

• Visited April 2013
andrew b, Manager at The Kings Head, responded to this review, 21 April 2013

I am very pleased the day was satisfactory considering the circumstances. I am sure Teifion would have enjoyed too. On behalf of all the staff at the King's Head, we would like to say he will truly be missed, he was one of the great characters

Andrew
London, United Kingdom
“Very good value lunch”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The £5 lunch was very good value indeed- well prepared, fresh, well presented. The kids got a bit of a fancy restaurant thrill for an affordable price.I could be picky - my meatballs too salty - and the side order of bread was supermarket sliced white weirdly served on a slate (not impressive in a town with a superb local breadmaker), but happy to give excellent when it is just a fiver for a good, filling, well made lunch. Of course can't cannot comment on the dinner!

• Visited April 2013
andrew b, Manager at The Kings Head, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Thank you for your review.

We are glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we will try to improve in certain areas. We will also look into bakery or home made bread in the future.

Andrew
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Popped in for their £5 lunch menu and really enjoyed it. I had chicken in peppercorn sauce, but there is also fish and chips, pie and mash, nut roast- all good value when you want more than a sandwich but know you are having a big meal in the evening. Very open plan which is great when it's busy but made the place feel a little empty when it was quiet, but that's just my taste.

• Visited March 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Visit for Mothers Day”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We were sat by an alcove that smelt of terrible damp. We asked to be moved which they did straight away. The service was very good but on finishing my food saw a crack running right through the plate. I did bring it to the attention of the waitress and told her to bin the plate, but there was no apology

The food was good value and very tasty but would recommend people to eat in the lounge area and not the restaurant due to the damp smell. We booked very early as the place is very busy. I would recommend the turkey/lamb and beef as that is what our family ate.

When I booked the table over the phone I found it very difficult to be understood by the foreign lady that answered me. I followed this up with an email just in case but had no confirmation email back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank michael62_11
andrew b, Manager at The Kings Head, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Michael62_11

Firstly I would like to thank you for your review.

We are in the process of trying to rectify some issues, and I can only apologize for any discomfort you experienced.

I have spoken to the staff and in future, I hope they address situations in a more acceptable manner.

I am glad you enjoyed the food and service and we will work hard on the areas that need improving.

I hope your next visit will be better and we look forward to seeing you again!