“Frequent visitor”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llandovery
Cwmgwyn Farm Cottage
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I and members of my family have been enjoying our visits (at least 3 times a year) to Cwmgwyn Farm B & B for nearly 20 years and have always been received with warmth and kindness by the owners Marion and Arwyn Lewis. We have seen many improvements to the property over the years, all to the highest possible standard. The rooms are large, spotlessly clean and well equipped and although I have not stayed in the attached self-catering cottage I have been given a guided tour and again the standard is of the highest.

Weather permitting I always make a point of taking the short walk down to the river to enjoy the peaceful surroundings - and pay my respects to the Welsh Black cattle grazing in the nearby fields! - before returning to the farmhouse for an excellent and extensive freshly cooked breakfast

I am surprised by the comment made by another visitor regarding the road. Provided drivers exiting Cwmgwyn Farm use the normal caution when joining a road there is no problem. In fact I seldom see more than 2 or 3 cars on this road when travelling between Llandovery and Llangadog, a distance of about 6 miles!

Marion and Arwyn are very friendly and welcoming and are always happy to offer advice on where to go or where to eat in the area. A good selection of leaflets and information is always available.

I would not consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2011

Cwmgwyn Farm Cottage is a wonderful place to stay. We are a family of four (2 boys) and ever since discovering this gem nearly 10 years ago, we've been back on many occasions.

The hosts are a very friendly accommodating couple. They cannot seem to do enough for you.

The cottage has spotlessly clean spacious rooms, with scenic valley views from the lounge/kitchen. The property is very well equipped with all mod-cons, and even a newly installed outdoor hot-tub. The perfect way to end a hard day walking or cycling in the hills.

The location is perfect. The farm is set back off the road, so its a very peaceful stay but its still within easy reach of Llandovery, Llangadog, Llandeilo and of course the beautiful Black Mountain. A very peaceful short walk from the farm takes you down to the river Tywi. Our boys spent most evenings playing in or walking along the banks of the river. Wonderful memories. If you have kids, remember to pack their wellies!

The simple fact that we've stayed at Cwmgwyn Farm Cottage (both B&B and self-catering cottage) for a total of 6 times now (I think?) says it all.

We will certainly return for another visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We spent four nights at Cwmgwyn Farm B&B. We had a great welcome, nice big comfortable room, lovely breakfast, helpful and attentive hosts. It is a quiet spot set in the gentle Twyi Valley, well situated between Llandovery (2 miles) and Llangadog (4 miles), each with plenty of good eating places. It was a very convenient base for visiting attractions further afield in the area. We also enjoyed our walks on the farm admiring Mr Lewis's beautiful Welsh Black cattle. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Large room with lovely view of the River Twyi.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2011

One word sums up our stay at Cwmgwyn farm that is 'Excellent'. We could not fault our stay there, excellent parking even for our vehicle and trailor and we didnt meet a car on the road to the B&B in our four day stay there!. The welcome was warm and friendly and the owners very helpful with local information. The property was immaculately clean and the room very comfortable and well equipped. We will definitely be returning there, thankyou for a fabulous stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I have had the pleasure of staying at Cwmgwyn on several occasions and would not consider staying anywhere else. I could and should have written a review before but having just commented on a trip to Venice I thought it only right to comment on a place I know well. In very simple terms this is everything you would expect from a B&B and set on a working farm only adds to the charm of the place. Knowing the area as I do it is suitably positioned for all the reasons you would visit this part of Wales, so if you are a walker, bird watcher or just looking for a lovely place to relax, you won't go far wrong here!
I happened to read the latest review and even though it gave 4/5 the comments about the owners (Marian and Arwyn) and the road do nothing more than prove that some people will never be happy.

The owners are lovely and the friendliest people I know and the road is not a problem if you know how to drive! Try the M25 for size if you want to know what tricky roads are like!

Try Cwmgwyn and you will not be disappointed. A lovely welcome, clean sizeable rooms and delicious breakfasts compliment the natural beauty of the setting. This is a delightful place to stay and if you are visiting this area then make sure you book here and enjoy genuine Welsh hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank dougleach
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Nice well looked after B&B..
Access from the B&Bs drive onto the main road was very dangerous because of fast approaching cars and not having a clear view in either direction.
Owners ok but could have been a little more friendly?welcoming?.
Taking all into consideration, enjoyed the stay but doubt we would do so again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends