“Our 2nd visit and Ty Gwyn still managed to impress!”
Review of Ty Gwyn Guesthouse

Ty Gwyn Guesthouse
Ranked #7 of 12 Aberaeron B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We Loved Mark & Jan so much we simply had to book again. Forget the lovely clean rooms, the Ocean View, The Lovely breakfast's but Ty Gwyn most defiantly has an air of Magic to it!

As this was our second visit and due to a cancellation we was upgraded to a bigger room at no extra cost WITH OUR OWN OUTDOOR HOT TUB! Needless to say me and my Fiancé were over the moon. A bottle of Champagne a blanket of stars and a hot-tob made the perfect evening after our short walk from town.

Have already recommended this place to Friends & Family and would highly recommend to anybody else

Thanks Mark & Jan for all your help.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthonybadapples
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Once again thanks for your comments...I am pleased you enjoyed your hottub and that Jan spoiled you.....See you next time,Mark..

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We had an extremely pleasant stay at Ty Gwyn. The location is beautiful, with sea views from our room and a short walk (over a fence!) to the beach. Mark, the owner was a brilliant host - our breakfast was excellent and the service was first class. We had a family room for myself, my wife and our daughter - Mark put an extra bed into our room for our daughter. The room was very nicely furnished and still felt extremely spacious even with 3 of us sharing. We were just there for one night, but would definitely come back and stay for longer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alex A
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thanks Alex, it is good to hear we have got it right here.....May see you again then,regards Mark.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

A beautiful location and a very clean room, a lovely view of the Sea, an amazing heated outdoor water pool/jacuzzi of which we thoroughly enjoyed and the most amazingly helpful staff.

Me and my Fiancé where pleasantly surprised by this hidden Gem. We are looking forward to booking our next trip back

Thanks Mark for your excellent customer service

Anthony

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anthony A
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit,and the hottub..It is a great place to chill and enjoy the seaview.. Catch you again then,regards Mark.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Mark is a great host nothing is too much trouble!!!!!
The room was lovely with a great sea view and a really comfy bed.
Great location not far from Newquay and Aberystwyth.
Will definitely be staying again.
John and Lindsey

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lindseylou67
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Thanks for your comments, it is as always great to hear you had a good visit....Regards Mark..

Reviewed 29 May 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 3 night stay and wanted to let people know straight away what a thoroughly enjoyable weekend we had thanks to the warm welcome extended to us by Mark @ the Ty Gwyn. We were visiting Aberaeron for the first time for my son's wedding so it was a really important weekend for us. From the minute we arrived Mark went out of his way to make us feel welcome and this continued to be the case throughout the whole weekend. Our room was spotlessly clean, it was front facing with a superb view of the sea, had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in on my travels and the breakfast was excellent. Over and above that, however, it was all the added touches which Mark included which made it such a pleasant stay. A welcoming cup of tea and a chat; advice on local restaurants and local sites to visit, a lift into the town on our first night to save us having to book a taxi and he even introduced us to his family who were visiting all of which made us feel so at home and welcome. All in all a great stay and one place we'll certainly be booking into on our next visit to this lovely part of West Wales. Diolch yn fawr Mark.....

Room Tip: Front facing room was great with sea views....
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob-Lyn
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

It was a pleasure to have met you both and I am pleased the special weekend went so well for you...Having the great weather helped too..!!!..See you again,regards Mark..

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We had a great time at Ty Gwyn.
Mark is an outstanding host, extremely helpful and was keen to make sure we had a good time.
I can understand all the reviews on the welsh breakfast but don't let the scrambled eggs pass you buy. Without any doubt the best I've ever tasted.
Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin H
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thanks Kevin, I think Jamie oliver should get the praise, I use his recipe..And fresh local farm eggs..I am glad you enjoyed.....It is always a pleasure to serve up good food that is appreciated,regards, Mark..

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We had a lovely time at Ty Gwyn. We came as a family unit with myself and my wife staying in Ty Gwyn and my brother and disabled father staying in the annexe. The room we had was spacious and very well presented, and the breakfasts were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for the host Mark.Can certainly highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris J
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Hi Chris, thanks for your comments..I am pleased the facilities work for your Dad so well, it was good to have him back..Good too that we now have nursing help to hand..All the best, Matk..