“The Sun smiles, even on the wettest of days”

Gwennaul Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberaeron
Gwennaul Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 12 Aberaeron B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 December 2010

This place is a little gem.

If you want an exciting, high action, all singing and dancing holiday, this is just the place where you need to stay to get away from all that noise, for a good night's sleep followed by a breakfast that will set you up to take on whatever the day has to throw at you.

Gwennaul means "Smile of the Sun", and this certainly reflects the friendly welcome received from Kerry and Dave.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Gwennaul Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 17 November 2010

We were lucky enough to find Gwennaul just after it opened and had been awarded four stars. We received a warm welcome, which was just the start of a wonderful stay - so much so, that we have returned twice a year since then!

The breakfasts are of the highest quality ingredients and beautifully served in the sunny conservatory. The choice is extensive.

The rooms are comfortable and spotlessly clean with a guarantee of a good night's sleep. It is quiet and has safe off-road parking.

Kerry and Dave cannot do enough for their guests, as a glance at the visitors' book will testify. We recomment Gwennaul to anyone visiting Aberaeron.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barcli2
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Gwennaul was a last-gasp booking after the previous day's arrangements took an unexpected twist due to flight problems.
Needless to say, I was apprehensive about booking a B&B for a work engagement, but my apprehension was utterly misguided - Dave and Kerry are the most wonderful hosts, and our rooms were spotless to the Nth degree!
Cups of tea and walnut cake appeared on arrival, and quite charmingly, our hosts didn't care for the usual sealed plastic cups of UHT "milk", preferring to provide us with little flasks of fresh (and real!) milk. A delightful touch.

The room and bathroom were perfect - fresh clean bedlinen, and fine Welsh bathroom soaps. After a long drive, I should have asked for extra towels, as I'd be needing the shower the following morning too, but in my flustered state, I neglected to do so, although I'm 99.9% certain Dave would have obliged.
The shower was the one thing that left me scratching my head - it was, as it transpired, utterly splendid. Although I didn't know this until my second shower, when I pushed the button marked "Eco" (assuming that "Eco" = "Economy", and therefore meant a far weaker flow than the already lackadaisical pressure) and was blasted by a jet so completely in contrast with the non-"Eco" version. I'm at a loss to explain the interpretation of "Eco" here, and Dave and Kerry admitted that they found it bizarre too! Aaaaanyway, I digress...

Breakfast was a class act. Home cooking cannot be beaten, I'm certain of that. Sausages and Bacon were the finest variety - sourced from Rob Rattray Butchers of Aberystwyth. Dave and Kerry had really done their homework on the best local suppliers. Coffee and Tea were never-ending, as was juice, cereal and fruit salad. Yoghurts were in no short supply, and all in all, we left feeling sated, satisfied and refreshed.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberaeron
Feathers Royal Hotel
Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel
Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel
#5 of 13 in Aberystwyth
Merwerydd Guest Accommodation

Been to Gwennaul Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!