“Fantastic!”

Royal Oak
Ranked #20 of 34 Restaurants in Aberaeron
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Aberaeron is the most idylic, picturesque fishing town. I'd recommend to all to have a lovely walk around the sea front and harbour, get the Easter air through your bones and then go and warm yourself with the lovely food and hospitality at the Royal Oak. The staff are wonderful and the food is beautiful, I will definately be going again and again!!! Brilliant place, not to be missed if you're in the area. Thanks to The Royal Oak for your wonderful hospitality and hopefully see you again soon!

1  Thank Rhiannon D

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Ate here with a party of people and was unfortunately disappointed. The food was warm and two people received there food so long after everyone else that they were starting as everyone else was finishing. It is also quite pricey for average meals. The staff however were lovely and I believe it would be a nice place to go if the kitchen service was to improve.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Staff are always friendly and they have a good range of drinks. Food ranges from decent pub grub (albeit rather steeply priced) to absolutly dire, depending on the chef on the day. Atmosphere is lovely, always a few locals there to chat to, and a real fire to sit next to. Best place in Aberaeron for a cosy pint, but be wary of the food.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Me and my Wife went to the pub last weekend. I had a mixed grill and my wife had the Scampi.
My meal came on a massive plate full to the brim with food which was all perfectly cooked! I loved it! And the young waiter made me feel like i was at home :) My wife also very enjoyed her large portion of scampi. This is a Fantastic pub Would recommend to everyone :)

Reviewed 18 November 2012

went for sunday lunch with my girlfiend about 5 weeks ago.we were turned away from the feathers as they had just stoped serving.when trying 2 find sumwere to eat my girlfrien who is from aberaeron told me she had heard the food in this pub was bad,but being very hungry and wanting a sunday lunch we entered and i can honestly say it was the worst food i have ever been served in this country,the veg all tasted the same and was luke warm,my girlfriend had lamb and then had 2 ask for the mint sauce which took awhile as did my horseradish.the most shocking thing of all was the 1 roast potato which was actuly 1 1/4 of a spud.then when it came to paying we got charged for the mint sauce and the horseradish lol.as i was paying i was waiting for the man 2 ask how the food was so i could tell him..he didn even ask.if u like small porsions of luke warm tasteless food this place is fine.