Harbourmaster Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Gwesty Cymru(Aberystwyth)
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsaeron queenoysterswelsh rarebitharbour wallbar menuthe main hotelspiral staircasethree coursesmolton brown toiletrieshomemade biscuitsboth nightswine listrisottocrabbar areagreat atmospherebirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Excellent staff and what was nice everyone I heard spoke with a good Welsh accent.We stayed in the Gambia room which was really very nice but rubbish views.Lovely place to stay but if I'm picky (which I am) I think that although very nicely done there were areas that were uncomfortable.The bar area where we sat before ordering
had metal seats which I kept slipping down on the bottom area.We moved to the leather
couches but having short legs I could'nt sit very ladylike as my feet didnt touch the floor.
In the dining room the chairs were the old fashioned wooden type with no cushions
and if you sit there for more than 2 hrs which we did on one night(service was a smidgeon slow)all you want to do is move which we did and ended up foregoing the pudding.Final moan --we stayed on a 2 night d/b/b deal -so a slight variance in the menu
would have been nice.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2409NELLIE
Reviewed 20 March 2009

On entering the restaurant which was very pleasant staff very pleasant at this time, shown table upon viewing the lunch time menu we enquired if we could change our main course from the set menu to one off the bar menu. The proprietor agreed however there would be a supplement of £11.50 to pay and bearing in mind it was only a pork chop we were asking for instead of lamb we felt that it was very steep. You would think in this current credit crunch market that they would be grateful for any custom they have, especially as the restaurant itself was very quiet.

We set out to have a lovely ladies do lunch with a nice bottle of wine - but instead we ended up having a very basic bar meal. We are still waiting to be asked what dessert we would like!!!

Very very disappointing i live in the area and highly recommended it to my friend who was visiting on holiday which turned out to be average bar meal which we could have had at any local pub in the area.

Stayed: March 2009
2  Thank kieran01
Reviewed 5 January 2009

We stayed here over New Year hotel is lovely and the staff are very helpfull the rooms are lovely we were in the Gwalia which is a lovely room with superb views the only thing to let it down was you could here the music from the restaurant so if you wanted an early night or late morning you had no chance and being pregnant and tired it proved very annoying at times.The restaurant food was fantastic couldnt fault it and as i couldn't eat some things they went out of their way to oblige.The bar area is very busy and not really a bar area it was just another eating area so no place to sit and unwind and socialise.These were the only faults.we were made to feel very welcome by the staff team and would go back again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank casperboo
Reviewed 24 November 2008

My first stay at the Harbour Master in Aberaeron, since they have opened the adjoining extension. The hotel, rooms, lounge, bar area, location and staff are all excellent and cannot be faulted. My only concern is the prices of the meals in the restaurant. They are charging London prices for food which I found to be - just ok, nothing special at all.

But when you wake up in the morning and open the curtains to the great view, you soon forget about the over priced menu.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank AirMiles
Reviewed 21 October 2008

My husband and I holiday every year in Ceredigion but further up the coast. I've had lunch at the Harbourmaster before and had been itching to stay there. This year we planned to walk the Ceredigion coastline up to Ynyslas where we usually stay. We had 'Gambia' a wonderful quirky room will lovely furnishings and beautiful welsh beadspreads (one made into the headboard). While they were cleaning we glimpsed into the other rooms in the Warehouse which were equally lovely but not a quirky as 'Gambia'. We did feel only that check-in weird cos in a rowdy and busy bar/cafe. Also, while the restaurant was nice, we weren't impressed by the quality of the food or standard or the preparation.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple