“Great place, will be returning”
Review of Ar y bel

Ar y bel
Ranked #3 of 4 things to do in Aberaeron
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Went here for the first time this month for a day out with the kids and husband. We were there for a good 3 hours or so and had food there. Food was good and the kids thoroughly enjoyed their time there.We will certainly be going back! People go on about the expense but you have to think about all the outgoings a safe place like that must have! The staff were really friendly, so nice to have somewhere like this locally where you can just let your kids run around knowing their safe

2  Thank SDavies2013

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We visit ar y bel at least once a week. I have 2 children aged 2 and 6. They thoroughly enjoy every visit and are always begging to go again as we pass there twice daily. Facilities are excellent quality and always clean and tidy. I also enjoy going on the slides with the children :-) We are so lucky to live close by to use the facilities regularly :-)

1  Thank Nia T
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We visited as a family of four not long after this place opened.It looked promising but we were shocked to be charged nearly £18,as we were only planning on being there for an hour or so as passing.We felt this was extremely expensive but the lady on entry seemed not bothered and quite blunt.The upstairs was boiling hot,with a toddler area and cafe area.Downstairs was very busy with nowhere to sit and as mentioned in a previous review,there was big doors open with a piece of wood supposedly to stop children from escaping...but they could easily have got through!!The actual play frames are great,but these other factors let it down.

3  Thank Gemma E
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We visited in March this year and simply walked back out. It's ridiculous to charge £3 per adult as well as the child's admission fee. I felt penalised by being a two parent family. I didn't object to the entry charges for a 6yr old, but I begrudge paying £6 on-top before I even buy the obligatory drinks. I felt it important to question the charges and the lady on the till simply said the equipment could be used by adults as well, hence the charge. What nonsense. I certainly wouldn't recommend this play centre, which is a shame. We had a lovely afternoon in Newquay playing on the beach, I'd recommend that instead!

3  Thank Foofluppet
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stopped on a regular journey from Aberystwyth to Cardiff because as my 5 year old had car sickness. Having mentioned how expensive entry was we were told by the manager "well, you should have kept on going. This is a controlled environment, we don't want sick children in here"...this was said after we had parted with £17.90 to enter. Shortsighted and defensive, good businesses appreciate customer views. Mi fyddai'n cael diffyg cyfiawnhau mynd nol i'r lle yma...ond wedyn, dydyn nhw ddim isho fy musnes i, a fy mhlant sal! Neges rhyfedd i'w roi i'r cyhoedd?

9  Thank Mared2