“Over priced”

Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Over priced”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Theis play centre has good equipment and the children love it, however I reSent having to pay for adults to get in. I don't want to play, I am just hear to supervise and buy coffe, I don't want to pay for the privelage. Also need more healthy snacks.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank raracarr
AryBelCyf, Owner at Ar y bel, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
The centre and it's equipment was purposely designed to allow adults to play with their children in order to encourage physical interaction between adult and children. The Owner, as a mother myself, enjoy the interaction with my children and not having to bend down frequently when playing or supervising the children on the equipment.
We have tried providing various healthy food, eg. fruit, but end up throwing more than we sell. However, we have invested in fruit pots and if you have a specific requirement, eg. salads, we are only too happy to oblige.

South west wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place, will be returning”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Went here for the first time this month for a day out with the kids and husband. We were there for a good 3 hours or so and had food there. Food was good and the kids thoroughly enjoyed their time there.We will certainly be going back! People go on about the expense but you have to think about all the outgoings a safe place like that must have! The staff were really friendly, so nice to have somewhere like this locally where you can just let your kids run around knowing their safe

Visited March 2014
2 Thank SDavies2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best play centre we have visited”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We visit ar y bel at least once a week. I have 2 children aged 2 and 6. They thoroughly enjoy every visit and are always begging to go again as we pass there twice daily. Facilities are excellent quality and always clean and tidy. I also enjoy going on the slides with the children :-) We are so lucky to live close by to use the facilities regularly :-)

1 Thank Nia T
Oswestry, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Has potential but was an overall let-down!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We visited as a family of four not long after this place opened.It looked promising but we were shocked to be charged nearly £18,as we were only planning on being there for an hour or so as passing.We felt this was extremely expensive but the lady on entry seemed not bothered and quite blunt.The upstairs was boiling hot,with a toddler area and cafe area.Downstairs was very busy with nowhere to sit and as mentioned in a previous review,there was big doors open with a piece of wood supposedly to stop children from escaping...but they could easily have got through!!The actual play frames are great,but these other factors let it down.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Gemma E
Ogmore Vale
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Too expensive”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

We visited in March this year and simply walked back out. It's ridiculous to charge £3 per adult as well as the child's admission fee. I felt penalised by being a two parent family. I didn't object to the entry charges for a 6yr old, but I begrudge paying £6 on-top before I even buy the obligatory drinks. I felt it important to question the charges and the lady on the till simply said the equipment could be used by adults as well, hence the charge. What nonsense. I certainly wouldn't recommend this play centre, which is a shame. We had a lovely afternoon in Newquay playing on the beach, I'd recommend that instead!

Visited March 2014