“Great Place - Fun for little ones :-)”
Review of Ar y bel

Ar y bel
Ranked #3 of 4 things to do in Aberaeron
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We found this place through tripadvisor.. The mixed reviews gave us some doubts, however we were extremely pleased in all aspects when we arrived. We arrived early on a Sunday morning - before the rush of kids later in the day - and also took advantage of the "weekend early bird offer" which they were advertising on their facebook page... This was basically £3 for a child, and free admission for the adults.. Fantastic :) Having seen the standard price structure - I don't see why people have such an issue - it's a pretty standard policy for most soft play centres nationwide.

The equipment was clean, safe and well equipped for all ages - the toddler area which is seperate to the main area had more than enough for young ones to do - some soft play centres tend to forget about the younger ones - but not here..

Food wise - we thought the prices were reasonable for such a venue - again - standard fayre -nobody is forcing you to eat here - and indeed we didn't, so can't comment on the food quality - though from a visual perspective - the cafe area looked clean and well looked after - so would happily eat here if we wanted to.

The staff were friendly, approachable and answered all our questions - no problems here - I suspect half the people who have had problems are likely to have problems elsewhere too.. (not saying it's them or anything... but...)

We loved the place - and our little lad did too. Thoroughly enjoyable :-)

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I often take my daughter and her friends here we all have an annual pass so that provides value for money!!
The staff have never been anything but polite and very helpful to me and fellow parents! Lasagne is lovely coffees are great! They have wifi, large windows to watch the children playing while your in the cafe!
Clean toilets and cafe area!
This place is great and stress free! Let the children loose while you enjoy your coffee in peace!
I don't mind paying to get in because it's a business not a free for all! And I do enjoy having a go on the equipment! Perhaps if more parents had some fun there then they wouldn't be so moany :) well done to the staff for making our times here enjoyable

1  Thank Lucy M
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Theis play centre has good equipment and the children love it, however I reSent having to pay for adults to get in. I don't want to play, I am just hear to supervise and buy coffe, I don't want to pay for the privelage. Also need more healthy snacks.

4  Thank raracarr
AryBelCyf, Owner at Ar y bel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

The centre and it's equipment was purposely designed to allow adults to play with their children in order to encourage physical interaction between adult and children. The Owner, as a mother myself, enjoy the interaction with my children and not having to bend down frequently when playing or supervising the children on the equipment.
We have tried providing various healthy food, eg. fruit, but end up throwing more than we sell. However, we have invested in fruit pots and if you have a specific requirement, eg. salads, we are only too happy to oblige.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Went here for the first time this month for a day out with the kids and husband. We were there for a good 3 hours or so and had food there. Food was good and the kids thoroughly enjoyed their time there.We will certainly be going back! People go on about the expense but you have to think about all the outgoings a safe place like that must have! The staff were really friendly, so nice to have somewhere like this locally where you can just let your kids run around knowing their safe

2  Thank SDavies2013
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We visit ar y bel at least once a week. I have 2 children aged 2 and 6. They thoroughly enjoy every visit and are always begging to go again as we pass there twice daily. Facilities are excellent quality and always clean and tidy. I also enjoy going on the slides with the children :-) We are so lucky to live close by to use the facilities regularly :-)

1  Thank Nia T