“very nice meal in pleasant surroundings”

Castle Hotel Aberaeron
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Aberaeron
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were staying in Aberaeron for a few days & went here on our last night.
We received a lovely friendly welcome from the staff.
We enjoyed the food we chose, my Husband enjoyed the steak & I thoroughly enjoyed the veggie option which was a pea & spring onion risotto.
Glad that we ate here, we weren't disappointed.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Took friends for meal and had a very enjoyable meal - varied menu, excellent food and wine and would return

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Went to Aberaeron for the weekend and ate at my favourite restaurant as hopefully spring is arriving we both decided to have the Fish my partner had grilled hake and I had the Seabass I must say we were not disappointed the fish was so fresh it did not need the red pesto sauce we both ordered but the combination was exquisite ! I then had the sticky toffee pudding and my partner had tequila creme brûlée way ahead of any of the restaurants in the area I cannot wait to return to Aberaeon to sample their new menu Please have the fresh crab and lobster on ASAP

1  Thank Sarahblond
Reviewed 16 March 2014

A really disappointing experience at the Ugain Restaurant. Had heard good reports of their game menu but my partner's venison was tough and chewy. The food looked unappetising and was overpowered by the sauce. My fish was ok but nothing to write home about. Service was good until the bill arrived which tried to charge us for 4 rather than 2 main courses. No apology given and bill then returned with a grudging " it should be right now". Waitresses completely ignored us when we left. .Aberaeron has an increasing range of great restaurants with good service so we certainly wont be coming back here.

1  Thank SEWMST
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I don't think I've ever raved about food from a restaurant before... as a vegetarian coeliac I rarely manage to find anything interesting on the menu I can eat, and as a keen cook myself I often feel I could have done better myself! However, I went to the Castle last night for a meal with a couple of friends and it really was a treat! The range of meat and fish dishes were very impressive and my friends struggled to decide which dish to choose. I started with stuffed field mushrooms with goats cheese, which just melted in my mouth, followed by pea and spring onion risotto, which was garnished with Parmesan cheese and accompanied by a baby leaf side salad. Even the side salad was amazing, with some sort of slightly sweet dressing! I don't normally eat puddings, but my friends and I ordered a selection and tried them all (in the name of scientific testing for Trip Advisor!) and I can tell you that they were all amazing, especially the creme brûlée! I can't wait to go back!