“Cosy place!”

Ranked #9 of 11 Aberaeron B&B and Inns
Olsztyn, Poland
“Cosy place!”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Me and my boyfriend had a great time both in Abreraeron and Arosfa. Our room was pretty, cosy and a bit old-fashioned, but it felt good in that particular place. Big TV, clean bathroom, everything working well, I coudn't have any complaint about it.
Breakfast at Arosfa is another thing too. Welsh breakfast - too fat for me, but well, I guess that's a local thing. Big variety of fruit, cereals, yogurts, so there's a balance to becon and sousages ;)
Staff very friendly and helpful. Free wi-fi.
Nice views, harbour very close, lovely restaurants nearby (Harbourmaster!).
I liked it a lot there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
neath
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Recently had a wonderful holiday with my granddaughter staying at Arosfa. We loved our room (overlooking the harbour). The whole harbour area is so lovely. A visit to The Hive is a must. Enjoyed The Welsh Cobs Festival and a trip to Newquay. Hope we can return next year. The staff and fellow guests were pleasant and friendly. We loved it!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jenny_dNeath
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Just arrived back from a 2 nights stay at the Arosfa. The hotel is far away from 4 * in my eyes....

PRO's
1) must admit, the staff (ladies) are very polite and helpful.
2) pretty clean, apart from the mould on the shower-curtain, and personally, I don't like carpet in a bathroom
3) rooms well equipt
4) fantastic location

HOWEVER...
CON's (also see mouldy shower curtain above)
1) like the fact the owner is rather eccentric, but was a bit shocked at what seamed like an interrogation over the fact I hadn't eaten all my laverbread!
2) it's a nice breakfast, big choice...But not a big breakfast. Realy don't see this as 'award winning'. We were told it was £80prpn, but misunderstood that we had to pay extra £12.50 pp per breakfast on top. This made our total £105prpn B&B, which we have stayed in DeVere hotels cheaper! We would have had breakfast elsewhere is we'd have known! (and would have been full afterwards)
3) as other people have said, everywhere is cluttered, tired. I think they're trying to achieve 'olde worlde'...but they just got 'old'!
4) we were also put to stay around the corner, and not in main house ( but there is internal access through)
5) signs everywhere!!! Was expecting to find instructions on the toilet roll!!
6) musty old granny smell! ( must and old lavender potpourri) didn't want to hang clothes in wardrobe, I didnt want to take smell home with me as a souvenir!
7) no reception. Found this odd in a supposedly 4* hotel.
8) as well as the shower curtain being mouldy, the shower itself was very weak, I had trouble rincing conditioner out of my hair!
9) I guess what was suppose to be the dressing table had the tea-making facilities on it. The mirror would not tilt, so even I tiny footstool provided was too tall, had to sit on floor....luckily my hair dryer has a long flex, so could just about reach from across under the windowsill.
10) the couch was a nice addition to the room, but my partner being an ex-rugby player had trouble squeezing around the overcrowed room.

* overall, this hotel could be nice, with a drop in price, and if they spend more time cleaning up the rooms than faffing around with breakfast choices.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sian D
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

my wife and i stayed here on 27th may 2012 had a wonderfull room overlooking the harbour and a wonderfull breakfast next morning we had a lovely welcome and would recomend this guest house to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for my 60th birthday for 5 days. We received a very warm welcome from Bill and his staff. It was a ideal location over looking the harbor. Our room was large and comfortable. The beds were also very comfortable. The breafast truly lived up to it`s award winning standards. I have been living in Wales for 9 years. this is the best breafast I have ever had. For anyone thinking of visiting aberaeron I can highly recommend staying at Arosfa for an idealic and surine expreience.

Room Tip: ground floor room was very spacious,and tastefully decorated.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RATE913
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My partner & I stay here every year it is a wonderful guest house, Bill & his staff are delightful nothing is too much trouble, the breakfasts are out of this world the best we have ever sampled,it is very nicely presented and always piping hot. The bedrooms are very clean & there are always plenty of towels & toiletries in the bathroom. We rate this guest house as one of the best we have ever stayed in and we are greatly looking forward to our next visit.Please everyone give it a whirl you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank heather w
Conwy
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed here rather than in Aberwystyth as I find that there are few if any decent places there, and I would recommend Aberaeon as a great alternative. The B & B was easy to find and in an ideal position. A friendly welcome and a good sized room, which would be ideal location for a 70's/80's period drama which should not be seen as a negative in a world of copycat rooms in the corporate and branded world. The bed was very comfortable and the facilities just what was needed. My slight comment on utilites was based only on the water pressure and shower facility which could really do with up dating into an incorporated hot water and shower system. Loved the breakfast with options for every taste. The price is pitched just right to making you feel that you are getting value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Trofarth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberaeron
Feathers Royal Hotel
Merwerydd Guest Accommodation
Hazeldene B&B
Hazeldene B&B
#8 of 11 in Aberaeron

Been to Arosfa Harbourside Guesthouse? Share your experiences!