Stayed at Arosfa for three nights with my sister and brother in law, Monday to Thursday. Lovely warm welcome from Bill, also all his staff were friendly and helpful. Excellent breakfast which included freshly baked bread from their own kitchen. Room very comfortable though a bit to much furniture everywhere even on the landing! Rather like staying with my Grandma years ago! All necessary modern comforts though, tea, coffee, chocolate etc and the bed was really comfortable, TV and lovely complimentary bathroom bits. Also the whole place was spotlessly clean.
I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Affordable, quality accommodation for that special weekend or get-a-way break•Winter Break 3 nights for 2 from 1st November to 31st March excluding Bank Holidays•Real Comfort in centrally heated accommodation with modern double glazing• A memorable choice of imaginative Welsh Breakfasts that includes Celtic laver bread, smoked fish, traditional home cured bacon and tasty vegetarian dishes •Coastal path outside the front door•Harbour views and sofa comforts•In town but away from the main road. Close to the water's edge, shops and restaurants •Delightful ground floor accommodation with sun lounge and lovely views•Free, well lit overnight parking close by•All rooms en-suite; single, double, triple or small family•100% no smoking policy •Digital TV and free Wi-FI•Our friendly, efficient team hope to see you soon. The bedrooms all have their individual features that you would expect from a house built during the middle of the 19th century. Arosfa retains all its character from that period and is surrounded by similar fine Georgian properties that together make a handsome square with Pwll Cam (the Inner Harbour) at its centre. The fine Georgian house was originally built in the 1850's by a family from nearby Cardigan as a home and probable provisions store. This period was Aberaeron's heyday when a large part of the town was constructed. Arosfa is ideally situated in the town, on the harbour yet still only a short walk to the shops with the convenience of the small free harbour car park close by. There are no hills to worry about and you can take short walks along the quay and seaside promenade or up the riverside footpath which takes you over "Lovers Bridge" and into the park. The surrounding area has an abundance of interesting places to visit within a short drive or bus ride. To name a few there is Devils Bridge, reached by the narrow gauge railway, Roman Gold mines at Pumpsaint, Llanwernog Lead and Silver Mine, Llanerchaeron Mansion, National Botanic Garden of Wales, Aberystwyth Cliff Railway, the ancient Strata Florida Monastery and much more.Since our AA Award we have been continually refining our Welsh Breakfast fayre and there is now more choice than ever and we hope you enjoy it. We think our home cured bacon is something really special and we are always looking for something new to do with laver bread. One very refined elderly welsh lady dared herself to try this most Welsh of Welsh dishes for the first time. She thoroughly enjoyed it and was instantly converted to being a 'Bara Lawr' fan. Chilled Breakfast BarStart with a wonderful selection of fresh fruits, cereals, local cheeses yogurts and our own muesli that is available from the Chilled Breakfast Bar. Then enjoy one of our delicious cooked breakfasts: Grilled Fish, Fresh Filleted Mackerel, Freshly landed in Aberaeron during the season. Gently grilled and served with lemon and scrambled egg. Whole Smoked Kipper, Traditional, natural smoked kipper served on the bone with all the trimmings and scrambled egg. Arosfa Grilled Breakfasts: Our Welsh bacon comes from a local piggery where the pigs are reared outside in a natural way, feeding in fields or woods. We cut the bacon on the premises and serve it with local free range eggs and pork sausages made by our butcher. See if you can taste the difference. Traditional Breakfast: Two Thick Welsh Bacon rashers with pork sausage and fresh egg cooked to your liking. Full Welsh Breakfast: A favorite with many of our guests. Three Thick Welsh Bacon rashers, pork sausage and two gently fried eggs. Local Home Cured Bacon and Egg: This is the bacon that your grandfather would have had for breakfast. Being dry cured over time the old fashioned way it is different in texture and flavour, delicious. Welsh Black Pudding Two Welsh bacon rashers, a fried egg and 4 juicy rings of Pwdin Du. Celtic Laver Bread - 'Bara Lawr ' A delicacy that captures a unique flavour from the sea shore. Harvested edible seaweed that has been enjoyed locally for centuries and is still very popular today. Rolled in oats and lightly pan fried in olive oil;•Served with bacon and fried egg•Penclawdd Cockles and poached egg•Welsh Black Pudding and poached egg•Smoked haddock and poached egg•Or for vegetarians with lemon, mushrooms, tomato and filled with sliced, cooked apple if you wish. Local Cured Ham A lighter breakfast served chilled with melon and toasted home made bread, New Laid Eggs, Free Range eggs from a local farm. Boiled, Poached or Scrambled to your liking with toasted homemade bread. Beverages: There is a choice of various teas; Indian, Chinese, Earl Grey, and Fruit or Herbal. We have freshly brewed cafetiere coffee as well as instant or decaffeinated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Priceline so you can book your Arosfa Harbourside Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arosfa Harbourside Guesthouse Hotel Aberaeron
- Arosfa Harbourside Guesthouse Aberaeron, Wales