“Very poor service and rude management”
Review of Feathers@Aberaeron

Feathers@Aberaeron
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Aberaeron
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have tried this restaurant a few times (always willing to give somewhere another chance) and won't be returning. Aberaeron is lovely and the location is superb but the service is substandard and the management / manager is not in the least bit helpful (actually quite rude / brusque) Expensive for what you get and a smile or two wouldn't go a miss :)

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank SabinaFJones
greenleas, Owner at Feathers@Aberaeron, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We are diappointed that you did not enjoy your dining experience with us, and would be pleased to speak with you in person to find out what the problem was.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. The hotel was almost empty, but I was given a single room miles from the stairs. The radiation was slightly warm but the wind was rattling the sash windows.
I was offered an extra heater, and I took them up on the offer while I ate in the bar.
When I returned to my room it was nice and warm. However the rattles of the wind at the windows kept waking me!
Breakfast was excellent.
Mixed thoughts about this hotel - would a room nearer the action been warmer?

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
greenleas, Manager at Feathers@Aberaeron, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to learn that you found your room cold. We have had a look at the sash windows and are trying to make the more wind frriendly.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Dreadful experience dining at this place. All food pre-ordered yet three dinners missing entirely - evening staff blaming the day shift staff etc. etc. Staff overheard complaining about customers - very unprofessional :(

• Stayed: November 2013
7  Thank TJHuggins
greenleas, Manager at Feathers@Aberaeron, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your comments. It is not often that we feel very aggrieved by a review. However your comments are not accurate. We did have a pre-order, but during the course of the day people phoned with extra orders. We contacted one of the guests that had ordered the Steak Pie to inform them that we had sold out, however we did not have all their contact phone numbers. Your group was booked for 7.00 to eat at 7.30, however guests started arriving at 6.30 and were still arriving at 7.45, this meant a delay to other bookings and a delay in the food for your party members that were late. You were not charged for one of the meals, nor the garlic bread, and our waitress, who gave you a complimentary bottle of wine, was spoken to with total rudness and treated like an ignoramus by some menbers of your party.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Recent trip for work but there were 16 of us. We were well looked after all the time and had some great breakfasts and evening meals. We also had use of the "confrence" room which was enormous (would be great for a big party). Easy parking and good location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian W

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear the you and your party enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

went for sunday carvery arrived early but was made very welcome the food was fantastic and great value for money great surroundings and will make it a local management and staff keep up the good work some where to be proud of spotless clean ...mary g

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for you review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your Sunday Lucheon with us, and look forward to welsoming you back to the Feathers

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We specifically requested a quiet room as I am a fairly light sleeper, we were allocated room (1).

The room in itself was acceptable - the bedroom furniture was rather chipped, the kind (without being rude) that one might get from an auction to give the feel of a certain time period......but acceptable. What is not acceptable is the noise from the (I think) cellar cooling system directly to the side of the room, and the heavy traffic of mostly (Buses/coaches) from 6. am onwards. We also had the local Town flower watering generator giving us a wake up call.....again around 6.am. The day time road traffic noise i.e normal time seemed to be more acceptable. I realise that nothing can be done about the traffic.......but why tell porkies by telling me that the road is relatively quiet - when it is not? And also forgot to tell me about the generator!

The room info book does say that a cable for connection to the internet is available, I assume for lap tops! However if you have a mobile or a tablet you will not get the internet in your room and will also struggle to get it down in the bar, where they recommend that you try. The internet signal at the Hotel is extremely poor.

Did I mention the "Bar" - If it is September on and not many people are in the Hotel..........then it shuts at 10.00 pm or on one particular night 9.30 pm, Hmmm not good if you are on a holiday break.

The restaurant food was mostly very good although I have to say generally short on a choice of vegetables. Unfortunately on one particular night whereby a meal of Pork was drastically drowned in a sauce/thin liquid, to be honest totally spoiling it, as all you could taste - was the sauce. Staffing in the dining room on our last night seemed to be problematic with a considerable wait in between courses, having said that they do appear to running it on a shoe string, with staff that were working doing all and everything day and night time We stayed for four nights and attended breakfast on one occasion which was excellent.

Aberaeron is a nice place.......but I would have to stay somewhere else, as the noise is not acceptable off of the main road, and off of the generator to the side of the Hotel.

P.S. We were not told of the back entrance to the first floor for the luggage. At 66 years of age and although reasonably fit - it is not great lugging suit cases up an off set stairway...........please let your customers know the alternative.

P.P.S the staff that did work were super.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank john w
Lee159, Owner at Feathers@Aberaeron, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to lean of your difficulties with the wifi, which works extremely well downstairs in all public areas, once you have logged into our network. With regards to the traffic, unfortunately this is out of our control, however I cannot think that any one would tell you porkies regarding the noise. I spoke with you myself on many occasions, and asked you if you were comfortable, I am sorry that you did not mention your problems, as I would have been only to happy to change you to another room.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Excellent small hotel situated overlooking the town green but next to the Main Volvo dealer which I needed next morning.
the evening meal was excellent with very pleasant staff , the beef was the best stake that I have had in Wales.
the breakfast was hole some and lasted us all day

Room Tip: Room 1 was a nice large room airy with excellent décor and a comfortable bed , large on suit bathroo...