“Evening meal after a busy day”
Review of The Raven Inn

The Raven Inn
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Ammanford
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Great food, friendly staff, what more is needed? Nice outdoor area for a nice day or comfortable indoor seating

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 6 October 2018

We visited while on holiday and went here based on really good reviews. Honestly I can't understand why? We picked two dishes from the specials menu, duck and pork tenderloin. Both meats where chewy and tasted like instant gravy had been used for the sauce. We waited around 1 hour for our main courses, the pub was clearly understaffed - although the two girls waitressing were very friendly and good at their jobs.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Was invited by my nephew and his girlfriend, about fourty minute drive from my house, but wow was it worth it. I had a Cajun salsa chicken with nachos and chips, my wife had steak and boy they were both delightful to eat!! The rest had burgers etc. This was followed by one of the nicest caramel apple pies I’ve ever tasted.
Not a cheap place to eat but the food quality was outstanding. Definitely going to return soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely place for get togethers , to have food and they serve a nice pint .. nice and clean , could do with a nice play area for the children tho

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

My husband, Son and i came for a meal on Tuesday 18th September at around 7-8pm.

From the first moment of arriving through the door, there was a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
The renovations and colour scheme are beautiful, plentiful seating, well stocked bar, polite, helpful staff and warm ,cosey bar/resturant feel.

THE FOOD IS NOT TO DISSAPOINT!

We had a total of 3 starters - bellly or pork, tro of cheese & pate

Three main course - Butternut squash and Goat cheese Lasagna, with chips and chunks of oozing garlic bread.
Hubby had - Mannhatten Chicken with BBQ pulled pork and cheese sauce, onion rings and chips
Son had the Farmhouse Burger - Lamb burger, Butterflyed chicken, Home made beef bufger, cheese burger and bacon, in a brioche bun
served with chips & colslaw.

My husband and I had desserts - White Chocolate and Rasberry Roulard & Toffey Apple Crumble and Custard.

2 pints of Bitter
Gin and Tonic ( Their range of Gin is fantastic & served in a Gin glass!)
Irish coffee to finish.

Total was Eighty Three Pounds.
I am sorry but for Home cooked, NOT frozen, food, The Raven is outstanding value for money 5 *****

How we walked out I dont know but its now 6am, and im still stuffed!
Big meals, PLENTY of choice on the menu inc Gluten Free.
Friendly & Helpful staff.

Will definatly be coming back!
Melanie, Paul and Connor - From Llandybie