“Bank Holiday Weekend - Amazing Stay”
Review of Ellingham House

Ellingham House
Ranked #3 of 9 Colwyn Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is absolutely beautiful and extremely impressive. My girlfriend and I were looking for a good standard hotel in a central area so we could re- live some of both of our families old trips into North Wales. When we found Ellingham House the photos on the website were enough to convince us that this was the place we would like to stay.

The photos do not do this gorgeous hotel justice.

Immaculately clean, large bright rooms decorated with style and gorgeous furniture with modern bathrooms and comfy luxurious beds.

The breakfast was beautiful. I had the Full Welsh Breakfast that consisted of sausage, bacon, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms and hash brown, and my girlfriend had toast and musili. Served with lovely rich strong coffee and fruit juices. Everything came, red hot, straight from the kitchen and was delicious.

The hotel is based in a very quiet area of Colwyn bay just a 5 minute walk from the town center and promenade, and also only a 5 minute drive from the A55.

I booked through an on-line hotel finding website which proved to be a little more expensive that if I had booked direct with the hotel which I will do next time I book a room, which I will definately be doing.

I really cant fault this Guest House, it really is very special.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2 which is beautiful.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have to say this is one of the best stays we have had in a B&B. These 2 proprietors know how to take care of their guests with good service, friendly advice, a great place to stay (Victorian style with modern conveniences), great food and memories to last a lifetime! We spent 3 nites here on our trip to Northern Wales and they went out of their way to make it memorable. Great breakfast with wonderful choices, an immaculate house with great parking and close to everything - whether you are heading to Llandudno, the Bodnant Gardens, one of the wonderful Railways or the beach, this is a great place to be based. Even though I didn't fully confirm my reservation as I was supposed to and then I broke a plate by accident, they made us feel welcome. Thank you for having a wonderful place to stay and we wouldn't consider any other place along the Northern Coast of Wales.

Room Tip: Room 3 is quite nice with its large adjoining private bath
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was a return visit for us and once again 5* Ellingham House did not disappoint. It offers comfort and superb quality accommodation in a quiet road close to the centre of Colwyn Bay with a warm welcome. We chose the great Welsh breakfast to set us up for the day. Ellingham House delivered everything we had hoped after our previous visit, looking forward to planning our return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have just had a 5 night stay at this beautiful house. We found our hosts very charming, the accommodation was spotless and the choice of breakfasts was excellent. We will certainly be returning and would recommend that this is one B and B not to be missed.
Pat&Alan

Room Tip: Definately Room 2.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had a one night stay. The owners were helpful, professional and friendly, the rooms well-appointed, spotless and comfortable. Breakfast was outstanding with plenty of options for all tastes. If you're looking to stay in the area I couldn't recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at Ellingham House. The owners were very friendly and helpful and the house is beautiful. Our room was spotlessly clean with a lovely en-suite with large shower. We would have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

A lovely place to stay, spotlessly clean and good sized room, good choices for breakfast and helpful, friendly owners. I would highly recommend Elllingham House to anyone looking for a place to stay in this area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business