“Will not return.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Colwyn Bay
Rotherham, England
“Will not return.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Me and my boyfriend booked this hotel on the 5th May 2014 for the 23rd May. We booked this travelodge as it is close to Llandudno where we stayed for a long weekend. When we arrived at the travelodge on Friday 23rd at around 10.15pm. I gave him my last name to the man on the reception and he looked on his system however could not find my name he asked for the confirmation number which I had on my email showed him the number and the date of arrival he rang head office and they confirmed the booking however the computer system had not updated. Therefore there was no room available and the man on the reception said they were fully booked he then tried to locate us into a b&b however then managed to find a room in the hotel that had not be cleaned yet and was going to get it cleaned we then had to go and find something to eat whilst this was happening by this time it was 11.15pm and we were very tired after a long journey. On our return the room was ready and didn't need cleaning after all of that. The next morning at 7 am we checked out and a different man was on the reception he knew about the problems we had the night before. Half an hour later we arrived at Llandudno I received a telephone call from the travelodge it was the man on the desk he then began to tell me I had booked for the wrong day that I had booked for the 5th May I said I have definitely not booked it for the 5th May I have got it on email here booked 23rd of May I said even the head office last night could see I had booked it for the correct night and the man on the reception last night could see I had booked it for the right night however he was having none of it kept on repeating himself saying no its defiantly booked for the 5th May. This was really frustrating as I had got it in writing and I had got it right. By this time I put the phone down as I was very annoyed as he would not admit that I was right. I will not return to this hotel as that night was extremely frustrating!!!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Cinder1c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I booked two rooms at this Travelodge and was allocated two rooms on the ground floor. One was a family room overlooking the Bay Shopping Centre and the other was a double room which was to the side of the property. Both rooms were of a good size and had all that we needed for a few days stay. This Travelodge is very handy for those people who travel by train or by car and is the perfect base for traveling to Conway or Llandudno etc. Which is just what we used it for. The Car Park is opposite and was manned by security all the time we were there and is free if you get your ticket validated by reception. I was not impressed with Colwyn bay it needs a awful lot of money spending on it to bring it up to date. Lots of work taking place on the beach and maybe nice when complete. I would stay at this Travelodge if in the area again but strictly as a base. Staff were polite. Only downside was that the air conditioning was not working in the bathroom in the family room which i reported on checkout. Lady on reception made a note of this and said it would be put right which was fair enough. Fair value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Pontypool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I received a friendly professional welcome. Like all the rooms, mine was plain with colourful curtains and a matching drape on the bed. I liked the fluorescent light strip behind the bedhead, and there were also reading lights on either side of the bed. The bed was comfortable and had cotton sheets. On my late return I found the card entry system easy to use. Everything was simple and fuss-free. I slept well; the hotel was quiet. The shower was good, and a proper bath sheet was supplied. Much better than trying to dry yourself on something the size of a tea towel. As I had a very early morning departure I was glad breakfast was optional and charged separately. Though I thought £4.99 a little steep for a British take on a continental breakfast.

1 Thank Silvergirl735764
Sevenoaks
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Centrally located, not far from the train station and the seafront. Paid half the price for the room as other BnBs in the town, and although Travelodges lack character the rooms are clean and functional. Staff on duty was very accommodating as I specifically asked for a quiet room on the upper floor (some of the rooms will face the main road). Bed very comfortable and shower very good - even had toiletries, which are not always proviced by Travelodges.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room facing away from main road. Is a city centre location so cannot avoid noise...
1 Thank JanetDSevenoaks
Reviewed 17 May 2014

great hotel a little far to walk with luggage from carpark good value though and great staff with in easy distance of most tourist places and very handy for the motorway and not far from colwyn town centre and Llandudno

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were looking for somewhere cheap, quiet and clean. This ticked all the boxes. The staff were polite and helpful. Even though the parking is offsite, it is only about 100 yards away. I would recommend this if you are looking for a stopover while traveling the area, or if you are on business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Travel Lodge at Colwyn Bay is excellent, the staff are wonderful and the room was everything you would wish for, clean and fresh. The location too is very good just a couple of minets from the A55 and yet the room was quiet
to sleep in.

#1 of 2 in Conwy
The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
#19 of 60 in Llandudno

Been to Travelodge Colwyn Bay? Share your experiences!