“Very nice cottage, but not quite 5 star”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Seaview Cottage

Seaview cottage front facade
Garden view from the bedroom Cottage terrace with romatic seaview with its own garden
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Seaview cottage front facade
Garden view from the bedroom
Cottage terrace with romatic seaview with its own garden
enjoy sunrise from the garden!
Your bedroom
Tennis court
High roll top bath and separate shower
lounge
single foldout bed and cot can be used in the bedroom
lounge with sofabed
play area
front driveway in May
Seaview from the tennis court
cottage in snow
garden view
lounge view to the sea
tennis court
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Mide
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Very nice cottage, but not quite 5 star”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 for a stay in February 2013

We stayed here in cold wintry conditions in Feb 2013 for a long weekend with my wife and our 13 month old daughter. The good points were the location, high up the hill with nice views, nice big lounge and nice kitchen and the bedroom was really nice. The bed was large and comfortable, with nice wooden beams throughout and the bathroom was nice, with a separate shower and free standing bath, but it was a little dark (was it mood lighting!?). Seunghee was very nice and tried not to disturb us while we were there.

The reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because there are a few things that could've been better. Probably my biggest annoyance was that nowhere in the description (or photo) did it say the cottage was about 10 metres away from the owners home! In this regard it didn't feel like a secluded getaway cottage. Also, it's worth noting that the (off) road to get to the property is very pot holed, so if you're not driving a 4x4 or something similar, it could get quite annoying. Why the owners of the properties haven't clubbed together to get it sorted is beyond me. Also, the kitchen equipment could've been better. There was no oven glove for example or scourers to wash dishes (there is a dishwasher) and the oven had a tendency to smoke on occasion. I'd read many reviews beforehand which said it was great for families etc. but I wouldn't personally recommend it if you have very young children. It's great for couples, but as the living room and bedroom really aren't far away from each other and you could easily hear the TV in the bedroom, it's not ideal for getting little ones to sleep.

The only other comment I'd make is that the visitor/guide book is beyond tatty and pages were falling out. Info on the code to access the wifi was virtually unreadable and I spent half an hour trying to guess what was written down!

However, despite these small issues, all in all a nice place and worth a visit if you're a twosome!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious rooms and nice bed
Liked least: Fact is was 10 metres from owners house
Your age range 35-49
17 Apr 2013
I am so sorry to hear your comment as my aim is to give my customer five star comfort. Both houses share the same border but has separate compounds and hope you were not misled. Indeed I strive to guarantee my guests privacy in any measures. I have many family guests coming back regularly each year: bedroom or privacy was never an issue. I will look into the oven and am surprised that you could not find oven glove and scourer that I usually leave in the drawer. The access road is bumpy because it is not council owned but privately owned by the owners of this road. We want to keep this road private as possible, but it does not need four by four but will inform my guests that it has some pot holes on the way. I will redo the guest book and make it better certainly.
Still, I am glad that you enjoyed the quality of the bed and other facilities of the house as I take such pride in the care and effort I make for the cottage. I hope you can return here and give me better remark next time. Thank you for your valuable review.
Fr00tishu...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a Couples Retreat”
Reviewed 11 April 2013 for a stay in December 2011

Absolutely perfect. We wanted to move in!!

Seughee kindly texted me whilst we were out on the Saturday morning and asked if we would like her to put a Christmas Tree in the lounge!!! We returned to see the tree, a card, and some chocolate treats.

Bed was VERY comfy and the bath... well... you'll ahve to see it for yourself!!

So cosy and beautiful, we will be returning.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The bed and bath
Liked least: Leaving.
Older travelers
12 Apr 2013
Dear Louise
Thank you so much. I am delighted you rested here well. I hope to see you back here soon too.
Kind regards
Seunghee
Hayleyand...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 31 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

This cottage is absolutely amazing, it's beautiful inside and the surroundings are perfect, the garden & tennis courts are great for the kids & the cottage is located close to everywhere you could want to visit.
Everything you could want or need is catered for & the owner is so friendly & gave us plenty of information about the local area.
We will definitely be returning as soon as we can.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
6 Feb 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I always try to do my best as it is my pleasure to see other people smile. Do come back then it will be second home even better!
Reviewed 20 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Value Location
shelsby
Crewe
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 10 December 2012 for a stay in October 2012

We stayed at Strawberry Mill on a gorgeous weekend in October. Seunghee greeted us on arrival and showed us around the property which is very cosy, inviting, well equipped and spotlessley clean. The bath is pure luxury! Our daughter especially loved the box of toys that was provided. During our stay we visited Llandudno and Betws-y-Coed, both of which were lovely. The local pub is about a 10 minute walk away and although we didn't dine there it has a lovely ambience with roaring fires and the staff were friendly. We can highly recommend The Masala indian takeaway which offers quality food at a reasonable price. We are looking forward to our next stay at Strawberry Mill!

Liked best: The bath!
SusanSett...
Shropshire
“Superb”
Reviewed 19 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

We stayed at Strawberry Mill form 16th to 19th November. From Seunghee's (the owner)warm welcome and onwards everything was superb. A lovely cottage, extremely well looked after, cosy, warm and comfortable, we wanted for nothing. Thank you for making our weekend special.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Iain B
Larbert, United Kingdom
“Delightful Holiday Cottage in a peaceful location”
Reviewed 18 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Great little cottage, ideal if just 2 of you or a small family. Great location just a 5 minute drive from the Promenade and just 5 minutes walk from a great local gastropub. Owner was very helpful and gave us lots of advice on the surrounding area and things to do. Snowdonia National Park is right on your door step.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lovely cottage with lots of character in a quiet, secluded area.
Liked least: Wifi didn't work well at all
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing