“A charming cottage - ideal for couples/small...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Seaview Cottage

Seaview cottage front facade
Garden view from the bedroom Cottage terrace with romatic seaview with its own garden
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Seaview cottage front facade
Garden view from the bedroom
Cottage terrace with romatic seaview with its own garden
enjoy sunrise from the garden!
Your bedroom
Tennis court
High roll top bath and separate shower
lounge
single foldout bed and cot can be used in the bedroom
lounge with sofabed
play area
front driveway in May
Seaview from the tennis court
cottage in snow
garden view
lounge view to the sea
tennis court
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Pam L
Rotherham
“Sorry but cannot recommend this cottage”
Reviewed 19 November 2014 for a stay in March 2014

There was no friendly greeting from the owner when we arrived, just a quick "the door is open and key on the side" as she was going out.
The owners home is extremely close to the cottage which was a little off putting, front doors approx 10 yards apart facing each other.
We read the housekeeping book and other rules and regulations, and it was late morning the next day when the owner came to see us. It had been a cool night when we arrived so we wanted our first night in the cottage to be cosy, as anyone would.
Hardly any of the wall lights worked and the light in the fake woodburner which would have made it feel lovely didnt work either. The hot air that was supposed to come out from beneath the fire wasn't warm at all and the central heating was turned down low so as we had brought extra blankets (just in case) we covered ourselves up with these and extra clothes.
When the owner came to see us the next morning we told her about the above mentioned small problems and she then started climbing on chairs putting new bulbs in the lights and told us that we should have read the book properly and WE would have found new bulbs, mmmmmm was that really our duty?????
Next, the fire - we were asked if it had been working on arrival, no it hadn't and after that it stayed in darkness never to have the light replaced.
We finally found how to turn up the heating which she said shouldn't need to be higher, brrrrrrrr cold.
My hubby tried the lovely roll top bath first, but only managed about 2inches of hotish water
so abandoned the idea. I tried the shower which would not work at all.
OK we had a good old belly laugh about our situation as we are a down to earth Yorkshire couple in our fifties and found it all amusing .
We had booked in for 4 nights but we decided to tell a fib and go home a day early, so we informed the owner that we were leaving asap, so we packed up the van and politely asked for our £70 deposit back. The owner shut me out of the cottage until she inspected for approx 10mins and we did get our £70 back.
We have stayed in many cottages over the years and have always been treated with respect, we would never leave a cottage without us leaving it as we found it and have always had messages from previous owners that we are welcome back anytime.
We visited in March 2014 and now that someone else has left a negative report I thought it was time to tell all.

Liked best: Going home
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
25 Nov 2014
I am sorry to be informed that you have had a poor experience at my cottage.

Strawberry Mill does share the grounds with our (owner's) house, but it does have its own separate compound. I wish you were not misled by the description. I strive to provide the best comfort for my guests, including their privacy.

I always give my mobile telephone number in the confirmation email and the Welcome Book. I have indicated to contact me if you need any help in the cottage. I cannot predict when guests will arrive. I have a young family and it is often too late to visit guests after putting the children to sleep. If this is the case, I do endeavor to meet my guests the following day.

Before guests arrive, the thermostat in the cottage is set at 19 degrees. The lights are regularly checked, including the wall lights and the fire light. I can confirm that the hot water, light bulbs and electrical heater element are all working since you left here in March, eight months ago. I want to stress that the heating thermostat is within the cottage and at the control of guests, not me.

I wished you had informed me of any issues, so that I could have helped you to enjoy the comfort already provided in the cottage.
As previously reviewed by many other customers, the house is warm, comfortable and private and I take pride in providing excellent service.

Although I am upset and disappointed by your remarks, I do respond to feedback and work hard towards continuously improving my guest's experience in the cottage. I do sincerely hope that you will visit us again.
AngB147
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A charming cottage - ideal for couples/small families”
Reviewed 4 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We stayed in this property over the Halloween weekend. The owner was kind enough to be flexible with the dates and allowed us to stay Thu to Sun. The cottage is exactly how the photo's appear and is very well maintained. Although very close to the owners house, it never seemed obtrusive at all and we rarely saw the family (except to welcome us and say goodbye - there were even chocolates to great us on our arrival - a lovely touch) The cottage was warm and cosy and had all mod con's required. Sheungee asked me on our leave if there was anything they could improve upon to make her guests more comfortable; I couldn't think at the time, but perhaps a meat tray for the oven/casserole dish? (the oven itself was very effective/clean) Also, perhaps an extra dining plate - I think perhaps some got broke by other guests? (there were lot's of other plates, cups etc... & we made do with those) Apart from that, there isn't anything I could think of to improve the place. The Zoo, which is just down the road is well worth a visit - our 2 boy's loved it (esp the Penguins & Bears) My youngest even got to touch a snake - which he enjoyed. The road the house is upon could be better - very bumpy/rough - but the area is a developing one and this may be planned for the future. All in all, we have come back with some very fond memories - Thank you Seunghee.

Liked best: Well maintained - a very charming property
Liked least: The bumpy Road
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
WrexhamSu...
Wrexham
“Charming little house with a lovely view of the sea.”
Reviewed 11 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Strawberry Mill is perfect for a couple not ideal for us as we had a baby with us and living room was open to the stairs and bedroom.
We made the best of it though and really enjoyed the stay. Really well located close to all the costal towns. Would stay here again when the little one is older.

Travelling group: Extended Family
22 Oct 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I wished you could use the linen chest (downstair) and babycot (upstair) to block the stair. However, you mentioned you still enjoyed the comfort and view from the house which was lovely. I wished to see you soon here.
Azim R
“Lovely Cottage”
Reviewed 14 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

After staying in Strawberry Mill for a week at the of August 2014, we were left with very fond memories of the cottage and North Wales. It is a beautiful cottage which we found had a welcoming and homely feel. On arrival, the cottage was very clean and had clearly been well looked after. Basic essentials were all present and we were pleasantly surprised with the cottage.
We enjoyed being able to take a walk down to the promenade which is not too far from the cottage itself. Being close to other popular areas, such as, Conwy and Snowdonia was a bonus too! We never had to look far for somewhere to go to.
The owner, Seunghee, was very friendly and was lovely to talk to. We felt that she welcomed any of our feedback and was always looking for ways to improve – however, we could not think of anything that needed to be improved. We really enjoyed our stay at Strawberry Mill and would definitely recommend this cottage to others.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Joka04
“perfect location”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We stayed here with our two young children (6 and 18 months) for one week. On arrival there was a lovely home made chocolate cake for us and we were delighted with the cottage. Later we met the owner who was very welcoming and friendly. The owners live in a house which is very close to the cottage, however we came and went all week and never felt that our privacy was invaded at all.
Location is perfect. Everything is very close by, we actually ran out of days to visit everywhere! It is very quiet and peaceful, and there are lovely walks in the area too.
Cottage is cosy, but well kept and had most things we needed. The two things I felt is lacked (I fed this back to the owner before we left) was an outside or larger drying space for washing. With four of us we found it hard to dry our clothes on the rack provided and the weather was perfect for line drying had there been a line. We also struggled with keeping our stair loving 18 month old off the stairs. I suggested a stair gate for the top, we used the travel cot to block them but our daughter soon worked out how to push it out of the way. I appreciate not all families have small children but for us this was a problem. The bed was super comfortable, the bathroom was roomy and clean. The wifi is a little patchy in the cottage, but we kind of expected this to be the case.
overall we had a wonderful stay at this cottage, reading the guest books was lovely, knowing that so many had also enjoyed their stay here. We would love to return sometime, Wales is stunning!

Liked best: Location/views
Liked least: keeping our 18 month old off the stairs!
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Chappy221...
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Comfortable cottage good location for exploring.”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Strawberry Mill for 4 nights at the start of June with our Dog. The cottage is in good condition, comfortable and well stocked with everything you need. It is a great location for exploring Snowdonia and the north wales coast it was a 40min drive to Snowdon. Would highly recommend for anyone looking to stay in this part of the world. Great views of the bay and very considerate owner.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Hollie E
“Fantastic cottage”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I have just returned from Strawberry Mill after a lovely weekend with my mum. I could not fault this cottage or the owner. It was perfect, lovely location on top of the hill, extremely clean and spacious. Seunghee was the perfect hostess, gorgeous flowers and biscuits left for us on arrival. A wealth of information in the welcome books and lots of brochures for everything you could think of. The main bed upstairs is very comfortable as is the sofa bed. The house is well equipped with everything you could need. Wifi easy to access. The main house is quite close but didn't bother us in the slightest, the family are very quiet. There are nice walks if you don't mind hills and some beautiful views. Very peaceful and all the residents are all very friendly. Very relaxing break and looking forward to returning. We cannot thank Seunghee and her family enough for letting us stay in this beautiful cottage.

Liked best: the location
Liked least: weather
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
9 May 2014
Thank you so much for your visit. It was great to see you both enjoyed here even coming without a car. You said you relaxed whilst watching the view in peace and quiet. I hope to see you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing