“My new favorite place to relax with a hot beverage while I do my college work :)”
Review of The Glass Lounge

The Glass Lounge
Ranked #6 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Colwyn Bay
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Lovely decor, really relaxing feel, WONDERFUL selection of teas and a decent cappuccino. I really like this place and will be coming more often as I would rather put my money in the pocket of local business's than in Costa Coffee's.
The only thing is that the staff weren't very talkative an didn't smile once, which is a real shame because the place is great! After reading the reviews on food I will definitely pop in for a snack some time soon :)

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Awanderlust7

Chester, United Kingdom
“Brill food, miserable staff”
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

To be fair, the quality of food and price in this cafe is excellent. However, the staff ate formless an very unfriendly. The cafe is run by a very unwelcoming young girl and her equally ice cold mother. I went there last week and wasn't even greeted with a "hello" although I'm a regular customer and bring them a lot of custom with my job. I went there with an elderly woman who is wheel chair bound and they didn't even help me open the door, instead opting to look on expressionless. I must say, the food is wonderful and it's quite cheap. The portions are good and the place is sparkling clean. Just wish it was run by a happier bunch!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank leahmacattack1
Lancashire
“A good latte”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Only popped in for a drink , very nice , friendly and clean . Food looked good . Reasonable price . Would go again for a snack .

Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Early morning bite.”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Have called in a number of times, over past month or two.
Clean tidy a little soulless but good standard of food & beverages. Hit & miss with staff.

1 Thank ianwforshaw
Italy
“Good staff, hippest place in town”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

If you're younger than 60 in Colwyn Bay, there are unfortunately not too many places for you to go. Oddly enough, cafes in general don't open until well after 09:30. So, when I discovered "The Glass Lounge" I was pleasantly surprised by not only the coffee (the made REAL caffe macchiato just like in Italy!) but by the atmosphere and free WI-FI. It's well priced, lovely inside and out, and has great drinks. The staff was very polite and helpful and even gave me additional information about places I should try to visit as long as I was in town.

The music is geared to be a bit more alternative and laid back, but is a very comfortable and relaxing spot for a younger crowd. Having said this though, I did see some folks in there who were at the age of grandparenthood. ;)

Highly recommended!