“Rude staff, average food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: British, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Italy
“Rude staff, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My friend and I decided to have some traditional fish n' chips while we were in Wales, and so we found this place while out walking around one afternoon. The staff was the first thing I noted, which was a very unfriendly and borderline rude waitress. We decided to sit outside, and they seemed unhappy about having to wait on us out there. There were no menus outside, so we had to take one from inside the restaurant out with us.

My food was not at all bad - it just wasn't as good as other places in the area where I later had fish n' chips during my trip there. There was no taste to the salt, so we were both bathing the fries and fish with the shaker - but neither of us could ever taste any difference. I really don't know what was up with that.

Towards the end of our meal we had an uninvited guest: a sea gull who decided to drop by. He sat on the chair of the table next to ours, and I have to say - he was polite enough to wait until after we'd gotten up to leave, to fly over to our table, knock over and break the tea cup and kettle that were sitting there, and proceed to finish off the chips I'd left on my plate.

We went inside to pay and the woman who took the money - the same as the one who told us to go outside and wait, was very cold.

In general if you're looking for something that isn't bad, but not over the moon phenomenal - this is an average solution. Don't expect much from the staff though. And the portions of the fish and chips were pretty small compared to other places, with more or less the same prices. I paid 5.50 pounds and later, at another place I paid 5.80 for a little less than double the portion of this place - not that I could even finish it!

• Visited July 2013

North Wales
“OVER PRICED.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Prices seemed high.It closes early so its not an evening venue.Overall it was about average.Basic fish and chip cafe,clean.

Visited April 2013
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“tasteless fish - poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Gave it another try here and the situation as not improved, had the haddock special and was tasteless watery fish, chips slightly better than last visit but the service got much much worse, waitress in urgent need of training in customer service.
not cheap for the quality of food and poor service - just means that we have to travel out of the Bay for a good fish n chip shop that serves good food with good service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Tasty and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Visited here today to take my dad out. Tasty food. Very clean. Not very busy which was a shame as people were missing out. Waitress could have been a bit chirpier!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stockport, England, United Kingdom
“Don't have the Prawn Cocktail”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Called in with a friend. I elected to have a Prawn Cocktail as I wasn't particularly hungry. I then left to walk round the market. Within 20minutes I was retching and being violently sick this malaise stayed with me for the rest of the weekend and completely ruined my stay in Colwyn Bay

• Visited May 2012