“Afternoon visit”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Stopped here mid afternoon, Monday last. Ordered cappuccino & crumpets. Friendly enough staff served at a very reasonable price.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank david w

Reviewed 8 February 2018

it never fails to deliver, always a lovely meal,lots of it,hot and tasty,staff are friendly,a warm welcome evert time,recommend it

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank Karen T
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Call in most weeks for a early morning full English breakfast which they do nicely and served with a good cup of fresh filtered coffee, currently my favourite place in the bay for a good breakfast and very competitive prices.

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank RAMSEY71
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I must confess that in spite of living in The Bay for over a decade, I have never ventured into the Eateasy, snob that I am. I reluctantly ate there at the request of my parents who were visiting during the Summer. I was all set to be unimpressed, but in fact I was very pleasantly surprised.
The staff were friendly and couldn't have been more accommodating. The diner style seats were comfy and the food, was tasty, plentiful and excellent value. It would never claim to be haute cuisine but the food is fresh, well cooked and traditional. It reminded me of dishes from my childhood, eg a salad is simple but tasty and comes with an offer of salad cream (remember good old salad cream?) instead of the increasingly fancy balsamic and oil of ground goat ears dressings.
Sometimes, honest plain food makes a delicious change from dishes that are increasingly over complicated as they compete to out gastronome each other.
I have since been back as a solo snacker and will continue to give them my business.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank angelbods
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Went for lunch, not expecting cordon bleu but my wife's soup was lukewarm and the burger I had was poor quality and had no taste at all.

Waitresses were polite but the place was busy and kitchen staff seemed disorganised-that's just my opinion.

Would not go again.

Date of visit: November 2017
Yvonne H, Owner at Eateasy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

I would like to sincerely apologise for the service you received on your visit to the café. I can only assume that you came last Saturday. Unfortunately we were short staffed in the kitchen due to staff illness and this in turn turned a usual busy Saturday into a rather chaotic day.