“Terrible food and appalling service!!”

Kwong Chow Take Away
Ranked #52 of 86 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Cuisines: Chinese, Fast food
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have been a customer at Kwong Chow for many years, however recently things have gone down hill. We recently ordered 2 portions of chicken fried rice between 3 of us, we ordered via telephone and collected ourselves. As we tucked in we noticed the rice was sticky and almost risotto like but worse, and the chicken was a terrible colour. I then decided to phone them and asked to speak to the manager, the response I received was beyond me! I told them that I had my suspicions the rice had been re-heated before being given to us (which many of us know is a serious health risk!!) and the response I received was "are you sure you have the right establishment??" "we've sold 100 of those dishes in the last hour and no-one else has complained!" (bearing in mind this is a Thursday night!)and finally "there's nothing we can do about it, if you don't like it go elsewhere". I was truly appalled by this phonecall as I have been a loyal customer for years. Since then we have changed to a Chinese in Rhos. Never again would I order from them nor would I recommend them to anyone!

5  Thank EllieHaf

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Nice food reasonably priced. The chicken satay is lovely the staff are friendly. Thats all u can say really

1  Thank taimarcus
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've have always loved the food from Kwong Chow, but last Thursday my family had chicken fried rice, kung po chicken and beef and mushroom. We also had fried rice and chips. The chips used to be fantastic, hand cut but these were cheap frozen chips. The chicken appeared to be precooked not fresh. The beef and mushroom had hardly any mushrooms, nor much beef but loads of onions. The sauce was pale with horrible blobs of jelly, and had no taste. The peas in the chicken fried rice were like bullets, precooked and then reheated. The chillies in the kung po were also tough and inedible. I hope that this is a one off, and whoever was manning the kitchen has gone now, but it will be a long time before I go back again.

3  Thank caratmine
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Kwong Chow has been run by the same family for many years and apart from the one time when I had sprouts in my curry, standards haven't slipped. The sweet & sour, curry, beef in black bean sauce, chow mein & pancake roll dishes are always tasty although portion sizes are a little on the small side and a bit more expensive than other local Chinese takeaways. However, it's better than the majority of nearby competition and well worth popping in to pick up a great meal or two.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Lovely food but quite expensive compared to other Chinese restaurants I've eaten in elsewhere.Not the restaurant's fault, but there was a noisy family in with two children who were running riot. Unfortunately we were placed next to them which spoilt our evening a bit when there were other free tables in the other part of the restuarant which were unoccupied and away from the screaming 8 year olds!