“Great food, good atmosphere”
Review of Pen-y-Bryn

Pen-y-Bryn
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a family birthday celebration lunch here on Bank Holiday Monday and couldn't fault the food and service. Food arrived promptly and prices were reasonable. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Wow, amazing food and service here. With the surroundings and cleanliness, I can see why my friends brought us here on a recent visit to North Wales, they have been visiting for years now and like them,... I now pass on this recommendation to you.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We've dined here many times but on our last visit were disappointed that one of the two vegetarian main course options was unavailable despite it being only 6:30 pm and them having a daily menu with the date printed on it. I used to appreciate the changing cask ale choice but they seem to have changed their policy, offering almost exclusively local beers. Commendable up to a point but I like to try something different.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

After visiting the PYB 6months earlier to a very disappointing (burnt pudding with no apology and we paid for it!!) experience, i thought we should at least give it a 2nd chance. Well i wish I hadn't. On arriving through the door not one member of staff greeted us. Instead the huddled or hide im groups to have their own conversations. It looked like an effort to serve us. When the girl had finished and albeit 10mins later we finally ordered some drinks. I have to agree with a previous post about the staff being cocky. In particular lower management - just because you have a title doesn't mean you turn idle!! After this disaster we had an over-priced desert and quickly left. I doubt i will go back. Take a hard look at your service, you have lost your crown.

4  Thank LLLivvy
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We went to the Pen-Y-Bryn for a lunch time meal which was very nice. It was cooked well and was nice and hot. The prices are a little on the high side but when you have a good meal you do not mind. The restaurant is cosy and well laid out.