“Highly recommended.”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Caerwys, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Absolutely love the Pen Y Bryn!
There's a crackin' range of food on the menu - all for a fair price, it's presented nicely and tastes AMAZING!
The atmosphere and staff are always warm and welcoming too ***** 5 stars *****

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Rachael W

Lorrach, Germany
“Good location”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Its a really nice Pub, the food is average nothing special or fancy but nice. Good joice change regular and the prices are alright as well. Defo good to go there with your friends before a night out or after a day out!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank degeorgo
“Had better days”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My wife & I have been visiting Pen-Y-Bryn regularly but we feel that things are starting to slip.

Don't get me wrong now, this lovely gastro pub is still in a nice position & the atmosphere is (as usual) great but I've observed several problems over umpteen visits.

Service is still slapdash. Sometimes we've been greeted & served by a wannabe model who loudly tells her colleagues how experienced she is in life... good for her but please, not in a pub!
Other times we've had a disinterested male halfheartedly taking our orders.
Then sometimes we've been met by a snappy waitress who barks out questions whilst we ordered!
Even when food is delivered to our table, three out of four times I was loudly told "ENJOY", and barely able to ask the waitress for condiments.

While we recently sat around a central table I observed numerous people popping in and out of the kitchen, some of whom were dressed for outside work. Other staff members were gossiping by the large sideboard, ignoring me until I asked them somewhat loudly for vinegar and mustard.

Now, my favourite meal at Pen-Y-Bryn is the ever decadent sausage sandwich "with a handful of chips". Four orders in a few months and four different sausage butties have been plonked on my placemat!

So the cook is now different every time, it appears. In my humble opinion, this is not good enough. And my last bite to eat here was poor - greasy sausages, fried onions on the bottom part of the bread and so it all disintegrated in my hands!!!

I am now considering other local places to eat because this bistro isn't what it used to be.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank DrREvans
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Really Bad Food and Service Now”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This you to be a good place to go for value for money and quality for food, sadley though the place has gone right down hill. There are far better places now around the area. I used to go many times but not any more. The veg is now bought in frozen, meat is not good quality, chips are like bought chips. Service is like a cafe and poor. Avoid, avoid. Need a good chef, go back to everything fresh, make the prices compatable to other restaurants, get decent mature staff who care and not young kids.

Try the Farm (Hayloft)in the Conwy Valley, what the Pen y Bryn Used to be like.

• Visited April 2014
8 Thank treborzitswood
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Have been before but this time food not as good. Chicken tikka salad bland. Chips were not home made - tasted like mccain oven chips. Expensive for standard of food

Visited May 2014