“Not as good as before”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Pub, Welsh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Bryn Tyrch has great views of Moel Siabod and we were fortunate to get a window table. I have visited the Bryn Tyrch before and had enjoyed dining there. Recently we had dinner at the Bryn Tyrch and although things have changed, not all for the good. The Bryn Meze was fine, very filling. My fish & chips were good, particularly the light batter on the fish. My wife's lamb was slightly over cooked and the jus disappointing. The staff are very efficient but there is no rapport with them. Mint sauce was served in a dish but no spoon. Vinegar in a jug which poured out. Surcharge for a credit card which is unusual in Snowdonia. Obviously the Bryn is trying hard but not quite there in my experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Brief lunchtime visit allowed for just sandwiches and local beers to be tried. Both excellent and the chunky chips can easily be shared between 2 or 3 people. Don't expect the staff to make the rather scary road crossing to the tables by the river however - 'Elf 'N Safety won't insure them - so you'll have to make this manoeuvre yourself (or, if the owners are in, they'll be pleased to help). The main road has fast traffic, so cross at the right hand end of the pub away from the bend in the road if you wish to enjoy the fine mountain views by the riverside.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I have been eating at the Bryn Tyrch for many years during which there have been many changes both in terms of the decor and layout of the restaurant and to the menu. Although the food here is more expensive than elsewhere in the area the menu choices do offer something beyond just a standard pub meal and in my experience the food is always very good. The service too had improved since my last few visits and now seems more organised and efficient. I would recommend to anyone in search of an inspiring meal whilst in the area.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This place is a bit 'posher' than the usual. I appreciated it as it made a nice change. Service was very friendly and welcoming. Prices are a bit higher than usual but the food was delicious. I had tempura prawns with a side salad - a little unusual as the side salad came with (unadvertised) blue cheese and hard boiled eggs. All very tasty though. We didn't have dessert as they were rather uninspired of the apple crumble and sticky toffee pudding type. Views of Snowdon from the windows. We had lunch and were the only customers there at the time but it didn't matter to us as the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Close to the Plas Curig hostel where I stayed at, delicious food after a long day's hike, friendly waitstaff and classy ambience!