“Tryfan burger”

Cuisines: Pub, Welsh
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have eaten at the Tyn y Coed many times, I usually have the fish from the special board because it is always fresh, always different and is always perfectly cooked. It was my birthday and I thought I am getting on a bit and stuck in my ways. My husband raves about the homemade burgers, so to buck the getting stuck trend thought I would give the burgers a go. I don't normally like burgers as they are too 'greasy', not so the Tryfan burger with blue cheese, it was delicious. Fresh local beef with a wonderful seasoning of herbs sandwiched between two hunks of fresh white bread, not the normal insipid bun. There was a side salad with homemade coleslaw and hot crisp chunky chips. All in all yum, I will definitely have the burger again nad maybe try the Snowdon burger my daughter had. The staff are very friendly and attentive, the Tyn y Coed is a great place to stay and have an evening out.

2  Thank Charly W

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I keep meaning to write a review as we come to Capel Curig so often and always end up at the Tyn Y Coed for a meal. The food is reasonably priced, well cooked and presented and there are always specials available if you want to move away from the menu options. I have always had excellent meals and service here and would recommend to anyone. This is definitely the best pub in Capel Curig!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Recently visited in a group of 9 to climb snowdon. After our walk we wanted to order in pizza to our local hostel but we were told there were no deliveries in the area. The reception called the local pubs for us and the only one with space for 9 was Tyn Y Coed they advised we must arrive by 8.45. Arrived in time and located a gentleman to help us find our table - he said he know his wife confirmed the booking but suggested we drive somewhere else - we explained we had no car and had just been up snowdon so at this hour had no other option. Reluctantly we were sat in the breakfast room we were the only people in the room but this suited us. We all queued at the bar to order drinks and food for 15-20 minutes and ordered about 9.15 at this point we were advised there was a 2 hour wait on food - we had no other option as stated before so we ordered. Although we were all very hungry we were also very grateful we had been seated. At about 10.00pm one burger came out for our table and then 4 other meals (another table were annoyed as they were waiting for just one burger - the burger had incorrectly been delivered to our table). At 10.15 two more meals arrived. At 10.30 we were just waiting on one burger and one pizza the kitchen staff came out and said we had had all our food so we had to show them receipts to prove we hadn eaten. The burger arrived and was the wrong one but the kitchen had no intention of changing this and even though this was a cheaper burger didn't offer to refund the differance. The pizza came and we were advised the first one was burnt which is why we waited, we got it to go. Although we were very hungry and very grateful to have been seated the food wasn't very good and I think if the kitchen can't cope with mass orders they should not accept the bookings.

1  Thank Lorraine D
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a lovely cosy pub with a great atmosphere and lovely views. There was plenty of parking and the staff were friendly and the food was great. The desserts were amazing and well recommended

1  Thank Hayley B
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This pub has fantastic beer and staff! The food is basic pub grub but good value and served with a smile!

Dogs welcome!