“The friendly inn”

Cuisines: Pub, Welsh
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and had a wonderful time. The staff are all so friendly and cannot do enough for you. The rooms are comfortable and quite spacious. Quality of the food is excellent and the view from the inn is amazing.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

From a recommendation from a neighbour where we are staying for a week. We walked to the hotel having booked a table as it was really busy. When we arrived we went to our reserved table ordered food and Dink's the service was very good. The food arrived after 25 minutes having been freshly cooked it was delicious. The atmosphere was just what you would expect from an old coaching inn. Will be going back for more later. Very impressed.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Have visited Tyn-y-coed many times now and have never been disappointed. Good local beer, quality pub food (especially local sausages) and above all friendly and welcoming staff. Looking forward to our next trip.

1  Thank Robin D
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have eaten at the Tyn y Coed many times, I usually have the fish from the special board because it is always fresh, always different and is always perfectly cooked. It was my birthday and I thought I am getting on a bit and stuck in my ways. My husband raves about the homemade burgers, so to buck the getting stuck trend thought I would give the burgers a go. I don't normally like burgers as they are too 'greasy', not so the Tryfan burger with blue cheese, it was delicious. Fresh local beef with a wonderful seasoning of herbs sandwiched between two hunks of fresh white bread, not the normal insipid bun. There was a side salad with homemade coleslaw and hot crisp chunky chips. All in all yum, I will definitely have the burger again nad maybe try the Snowdon burger my daughter had. The staff are very friendly and attentive, the Tyn y Coed is a great place to stay and have an evening out.

2  Thank Charly W
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I keep meaning to write a review as we come to Capel Curig so often and always end up at the Tyn Y Coed for a meal. The food is reasonably priced, well cooked and presented and there are always specials available if you want to move away from the menu options. I have always had excellent meals and service here and would recommend to anyone. This is definitely the best pub in Capel Curig!