Open today: 08:00 - 23:00
Review Highlights
Great place to be to learn mountain skills

Only place you want to be at if you want to learn mountain skills. I did my complete mountain... read more

Reviewed 2 October 2021
ManinderS356
Letchworth, United Kingdom
Lovely Place, Fantastic People, Great Experience

We first visited Plas Y Brenin for a coffee in 2019 and vowed we would return for activities Today... read more

Reviewed 12 August 2020
AlShepherd
Horsham, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews mountain skills great value for money courses centre kit training equipment form
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Spent a great weekend with my partner on a Intro to kayaking weekend. Fabulous tuition, great food and company. The very best place to learn mountain skills from the experts and mix with like minded people. The accommodation is basic but functional and the food is hearty! Friendly, relaxed bar selling local beer and great views over the lake to the mountains.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Only just got back from this place but thought I’d strike whilst Ive had a second wind.
Arrived Friday evening, if like me you have just done more miles than the starship enterprise you’re probably tired so take a compass and a map, no, not for your course but for finding yourself around the building. This place is like a maze!

Rooms are alright, comfy, clean, hot showers, even hotter bedroom, I kid you not, this was the full on “kiln” experience! If I were a piece of pottery you could have moulded me into a Denby! Take a few logs off the fire guys! Save yourself the heating bill.

Instruction was fab. I’m not a massive fan of group coaching and I’m not always a compliant subject but Chris was professional, knowledgable and had the patience of Jesus Christ the lord. I mean he couldn’t walk on water as that would be weird but this guy has the most amazing teeth! (Think dental poster) check them out. . Emily was shy at first but once corrupted she was super sweet and funny.

Food in this place is great! There’s cake everywhere! It’s Like Greg’s the bakers but better. If I stayed longer than a weekend I’d probably give myself gout.

Anyway it must have been fun as I danced in the car on the way home and I’m normally miserable as sin.. it could have been the coffee though. Go find out for yourself!! :)

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night to hike Snowdon. Great location and friendly staff. However the bed’s mattress was totally gone and uncomfortable. Room quite small but cosy and quiet. Good food.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

What can I say phenomenal place.
We did a 5 day white water kayak course which was outstanding. The instructors ( Pete Catterall & Chris Evans ) were awesome. They were extremely knowledgeable , patient , encouraging , calm and filled us full of confidence which enabled me and my two pals to achieve way more than we thought possible. After a short time it felt like we’d known them for ages , down to earth good guys. They and the course far exceeded all of our expectations. This is the best thing I’ve done for a long time.
Accommodation was great, clean tidy and a decent shower. When I go back I would take my own pillow. We did have to turn the heat off in our room but I think everywhere seems hot if you’ve been in freezing welsh rivers all day.
Now to the food , it was fantastic all freshly cooked with decent ingredients. With Gluten free options which was important to me and I know they catered for other dietary requirements. Every night I looked forward to dinner loved the food never went hungry in fact I was always stuffed. The kitchen staff were really helpful with the GF issue nothing was to much trouble and made me GF sandwiches for my packed lunch.
Facilities: Excellent selection of kit and equipment for all activities from the stores/ shop. Drying rooms , washing machines , climbing wall , rolling pool etc etc.
ALL of the staff were warm friendly everyone there seemed so happy mind you so would I be if I worked there.
Great bar which served decent Guinness ( so many places don’t ) and a good selection of quality ales which my buddies enjoyed.
So all of this set in and surrounded in some of the most spectacularly beautiful countryside Wales has to offer.
This is a fantastic place if you’re considering a trip here then just book it and crack on you won’t be disappointed.
Top marks PYB we will definitely be coming back and a big thank for the experience and great memories.

Lee ( Oxford ).

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The instructors made sure that we got the best available. A very comprehensive package including top spec kit if you need it, fantastic instructors, cheerful support staff, loads of freshly cooked food, and good accommodation and well kept. The extra is the well stocked bar for a beer or two in the evening, will be booking again for more courses.

Date of experience: February 2018