“I always make a point of eating and drinking here when in the area”
Review of Bryn Tyrch Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Capel Curig
Bryn Tyrch Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Capel Curig
Bristol, United Kingdom
“I always make a point of eating and drinking here when in the area”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I love it here - the food is invariably excellent and very good beer too. Comfy sofas situated by the fire are welcome on a cold winter trip and the atmosphere is superb too. Have on occasion been here on my own and find it a friendly place and always end up comparing my day on the hills with somebody. The staff are really accommodating and despite being packed when I visited on the bank holiday weekend in August went out of their way to find me a space to eat in. On my recent trip I was greeted like a valued, regular customer, which impressed my travelling companion!This is why it is one of my all time favourite pubs.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Bethesda, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

You can see what is being attempted here, shabby chic, hearty food, but it's not quite there. I did not stay here so I am only commenting on the food. I had Sunday lunch and would only score it 6/10. Too much apology in the pub/bar/restaurant, food expensive for the offering, and atmosphere lacking a bit of zing. I'm local and I won't be going back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My friends and I used the Bryn Tyrch Inn to feed ourselves up after running the Snowdonia Marathon this year.

We found the staff to be friendly and very helpful, and most importantly, the food was great. I had the 'Ultimate Burger' and I have to say I wasn't disappointed!

Great place and I would look at staying there then next time I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Herne Bay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Such a lovely evening. Would definitely recommend for a stay or even just a dinner. Good selection of local ales. Rachel, the owner, was very accommodating and smiled all night. Best tequila in town! Thanks very much.

• Stayed November 2013
Wicklow
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This little inn is terrific value for money, and has a style all of its own. Our room was not huge, but it was beautifully decorated and ample enough in size to take two adults and two dogs! The bathroom was quite luxurious and very spacious.
The bar area was extremely comfortable even though it was mostly given over to tables for eating. But to one side were heavenly couches and a roaring fire and these were great for poring over maps and enjoying a drink.
We thought the food was very good overall, and occasionally terrific. Breakfast was fine, rather than fantastic, but dinner offered a fairly wide choice, even though the menu didn't change much during the time that we were there. Portions were generous and perfectly sized for those busy on the mountains during the day.
Finally, the staff were really friendly and helpful, and the pleasure of our stay there owed much to the welcoming atmosphere that they created.

Room Tip: The road is not too noisy at night, but can be so if you are in your room during the day.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Took the kids (3yr & 6yr) to Snowdonia for half term and stayed here. Were in the family room which was cosy, smart and ideal size for four people. Restaurant for breakfast and dinner was excellent with very friendly staff who went out of their way to be helpful. Food at dinner was very high standard and great kids menu. Location is perfect for exploring Snowdonia and if we go back we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
neston,wirral,england
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Eight of us came here for a stag/50th & had a meal in the restaurant last Saturday.

This review is about my experience only.

Friendly & efficient staff, the restaurant was busy, so had a good atmosphere.

I had Pulled Pork with BBQ beans & chips, this meal was excellent, one of the best have had for a while. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
#2 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed
The Gwydyr Hotel
The Gwydyr Hotel
#5 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed

Been to Bryn Tyrch Inn? Share your experiences!