We're local and pass the Bryn Tyrch Inn on a regular basis.
We popped in for some dinner.
First off, price is way too high both for portion size and quality. I think they are aiming for a haute cuisine dining experience but with a clientele who might prefer more substantial food.
Food was ok but nowhere near value for money.
Service was decent though it did feel as though those customers who were obviously staying in the hotel part were treated far better than we casual droppers in. Restaurant was also chilly. The open fire seemed to be reserved for those who wanted to slump on the sofa.
Unfortunately this is one of those places who due to the location and footfall of tourists and climbers will always be able to charge exactly what they like.
It's a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bryn Tyrch Inn is situated in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park surrounded by magnificent scenery. Capel Curig is an ideal centre for outdoor pursuits and the area is very popular with walkers and climbers. The lakes, beaches, castles and other attractions of North Wales are less than 30 miles away.The Bryn Tyrch aims to provide a warm welcome in the hillside with high quality rooms and good food and drink ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Bryn Tyrch Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bryn Tyrch Hotel Capel Curig
- Bryn Tyrch Capel Curig
- Bryn Tyrch Inn Capel Curig, Snowdonia National Park