“Beautiful sorroundings”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llanaber
Trawsdir Touring Caravans & Camping Park
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Location of this site is fantastic overlooking the bay and surrounded by the mountains of snowdonia national park. Very clean and tidy site, modern toilet and shower facilities with good pitch sizes and nice kids play area.

Feel the shop could be stocked better and if your on the large pitches closer to the bay make sure your tent is up to withstanding strong winds.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Fingeojas

Reviewed 9 August 2014

A lovely location between the sea and hills behind the campsite. Benar beach is amazing and only a few minutes from the campsite. This is the cleanest campsite I've stayed on and toilets and showers are immaculate and modern. Cubicles are large with a bench and vanity unit - perfect if showering children at the same time! I was lucky to be staying the first week of the school holidays when not all schools were off. This meant that there were empty pitches and it didn't feel crowded. By the end of the week every pitch was filled and it did feel over crowded. The non electric pitches are right next to a moderately busy road so traffic was an issue for the first few nights - and the odd train! The pitches are flat and fairly large so plenty of room for a large tent and vehicle. In the shop/reception the male staff were fantastic and very helpful. The only negative for me was the amount of CCTV cameras filming every aspect of the site even over the tents. It made me very uncomfortable and felt unnecessary with everything already requiring fob entry. Very clean site, great facilities, lovely park and take always from sister site were fantastic. I loved the location and would return but possibly to a more relaxed site.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Katie R
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 7 nights in one of the pods which was brilliant.it was my 8 year old son and my first glamping experience.beautiful site with stunning views.amenities and site spotless.staff very friendly and helpful.lots to do in area.will definitely go back.

1  Thank paulk1972
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Firstly we were in our own camper so rooms I have given 1.

This site was our second stop of our holiday and we weren't disappointed.

Keith was really friendly and helpful getting us sorted and showing us to our plot.

The facilities were spotless and excellent, fob access x1 fob per plot but sometimes another would have been handy.
The grounds were immaculate and well kept.
The dog park was poop free.
Well lit at night when I needed to go the toilet block at 4am!!!
The shop was well stocked and reasonably priced.
The children's play area was clean and in excellent condition.
All other campers were friendly.

The beach that was just a short stroll away was great fun and we collected lots of beautiful shells.

Barmouth was just a few minutes car journey away and was beautiful and even had a little fair to keep the kids amused.

We will be staying here again.

3  Thank xLeahBx
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Not being a fan of camping, but getting hassled from the missus who had romantic memories from her childhood - we compromised! I borrowed a camper van off a friend and booked a tour or Wales.
I phoned and spoke to Keith who was amazing taking my booking and seemed really keen and happy to help. We had hit a couple of sites before we eventually pulled up here.
Keith who took my booking met us at reception with a massive smile and literally walked is round to our space, helped with the hook up and showed us around.
Straight away you can see why it's a 5 star complex. I quite often stay away with work in really nice hotels that can not match the facilities on site.
Great little walk down to the beach - and what an amazing beach!
The play area on site allowed our little lad to make friends and run around like crazy - about 9 one of the staff would come out and ask any remaining kids to go back 'home' and the play area was locked up.
The staff work really really hard on this site and it shows.
The on site shop is great and well stocked and the other shop on the way to beach has a lovley family running it and the take away food from there is both local, healthy and really cheap!
Keith is a legend and deserves a pay rise - the man doesn't stop!
We loved our two nights here, and we will return.

2  Thank xmike151x
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Overall a good enough site but it wasn't really for me. On arrival my husband went to check in and was barked at to hand over the £10 deposit needed for the key fob which lets you into the toilets and launderette. He also suffered a stern telling off when he said we two vehicles (which I had already spoken to a male member of staff about on the phone) but offered various different ways in which we could pay more to have them both on site. It would have been nice for our little boys to have been greeted with a smile when they enthusiastically went to spend their holiday money in the shop but no (both of these instants were by females members of staff, we always found the male staff to be very nice).
They run a tight ship with many rules (including "no crossbows" so leave yours at home) and time restrictions, a woman comes at 9pm with a padlock to promptly kick all the kids out of the little play area... Don't leave any wash products in the shower rooms because if they're not collected within 24 hours they're binned!!! The upside of so many rules is that the park is very clean and well kept. The view of the sea is nice but the non electric pitches are right next to a big main road which does spoil the view and is very noisy!!!

I personally wouldn't want to come back here but I think some people would enjoy it.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank BrummieMummyto4
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Fantastic, the facilities were exceptionally clean, shop well stocked, plenty of bins etc, great showers, close to a child friendly pub, good cafe at the "sister site" and walkable with rucksacks to the local train station. Will be visiting again!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanaber
Barmouth Bay Holiday Park
0 mi away
Hendre Clochydd Hall
Hendre Clochydd Hall
#3 of 4 in Llanaber

Been to Trawsdir Touring Caravans & Camping Park? Share your experiences!