“Will stay here again”

Frondeg Guest House
Ranked #8 of 14 Harlech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My wife son and I stayed with Anne for two evenings and were very happy that we chose to stay in her lovely home. Very comfortable and clean bedrooms upstairs with a warm inviting sitting room downstairs, we were able to relax and feel very at ease and at home. Ann is always available to give suggestions for forest walks, where to eat in town, and local sights to see but at the same time gives you privavcy to wind down at the end of the day. Every morning Ann's in her kitchen cooking up a full english breakfast that will keep you going until mid afternoon. We enjoyed our stay emensely and I would not hesistate to recommned staying with Ann at Frondeg. Thank you Ann, we hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 September 2012

My Parents and I were recently guests of Ann's at Fron Deg guest house, and cannot complement her enough on her beautiful home and warm hospitality. We were cordially greeted by Ann after a few hours sitting in the car, and were made to feel most welcome with a hot pot of coffee and some biscuits in the sitting room. It felt like home.
Ann was always there should we need something, a hot breakfast (eggs fresh from a friend, pork from the butcher who paid a visit while we were there, lovely jams, etc), directions to any of Snowdonia's breathtaking attractions, or a recommendation of somewhere nice in the quaint village of Harlech. Having said that, she was not overly intrusive of our privacy while in her home, just pleasantly available should we need her.
Harlech is a gorgeous town, and Snowdonia Park I recommend to anyone looking for a trip out in the countryside where the grass is green. I could not imagine a better place to stop off for a few days and enjoy this beautiful corner of the world in comfort.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Ann the owner very friendly and most welcoming
twin room clean bed very comfortable only 2 faults
shower slow and hospitality tray could do with updating
biscuits etc - sorry Ann these are your only faults on a
lovely friendly homely house- thank you

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Firstly my apologies to Anne for not writing this sooner. A walking colleague and I stayed at Frondeg mid-May while walking the nearby Rhinogs. We arrived fairly late on the Friday afternoon/evening due to my work committments, Anne made us most welcome and after settling us in, ran us down to the (her) recommended local pub so we could get a meal & a pint, her choice of hostelry was spot. We slept well and after a superb breakfast were well set up for a days walking, assisted by some of Annes lovely lemon drizzle cake...delicious. Once again, on the Saturday night, she very kindly taxied us to the pub, for which our tired legs were very grateful. Slept well on Saturday night & eat well on Sunday morning before setting off for another days walking and then back to Yorkshire. All in all, Frondeg is a lovely, clean, friendly place to stay, well deserving of the 5 stars I give it. Would I stay there again..you bet ya!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank nick f
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We were cycling the North to South Wales Sustrans route and this was one of our stops. Probably the best of the four overnights because it was friendly without being overwhelming, the bedrooms and lounge were comfortable, good showers and a bath and a breakfast that was excellent. There was a garage to safely store our bikes too. On arrival we had tea and biscuits. After 50 miles that was just what we wanted. A good stop for walkers too. Couldn't ask for more really.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This was my first time in a B and B and was booked last minute, so I was apprehensive about what to expect. I can say that it was a lovely break, with a friendly atmosphere, tasty full english breakfast, wonderful view of the sea in the distance and a great ambiance. Ann really made me welcome and nothing was too much trouble; providing DVDs to watch, books and magazines, extra milk for tea and coffee - all little touches that made me feel at home. The location is ideal - the walk into Harlech along the back road ( a mile) has fantastic views over the sea. The local beach is quiet and safe. The whole experience was relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable - It was like staying with a friend! I loved it. Ann - I'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Janet F
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My partner and I have stayed with Ann three years in a row. Her guesthouse is delightful - it feels more like you are staying with a good friend then in paid-for accomodation! Her house looks right out over to Shell Island and Cardigan bay and the walking near by is unbeatable. A cosy, comfortable and convenient B&B and one of the best in Harlech!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family