“amazing elderflower ice cream!”
Review of Hufenfa'r Castell

Hufenfa'r Castell
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Harlech
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
London
“amazing elderflower ice cream!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

always been impressed since this place first opened. Not too creamy, interesting flavours and amazing artisan chocolates too. And great views!

• Visited March 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Don't miss this ice-cream!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is an ice-cream shop for connoisseurs! Several of their offerings have won awards - I tried the gold medal winning fig and honey yoghurt, and it was so amazingly wonderful I had to go back the next day for more of the same! my husband had mint choc chip (fine) and the "taste of Wales" award winning Welsh dairy fudge, which was excellent. All the flavours looked fantastic and it was a shame we were only in Harlech for two days, although I don't reckon I would have been able to deviate fro the honey/fig/yoghurt combo anyway! Price £1.90 for a VERY generous scoop.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great ice cream amazing setting.”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Loved the setting of the Castle it is really amazing. The ice cream shop was the cream on the cake. Loved it and the friendly atmosphere. I would recommend if you are in the area.

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Best ice cream i have ever had”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I found myself at this little shop before we went into the castle just opposite. A really quaint little shop with a really friendly couple behind the counter. looking at the ice cream, some of the choices were a bit alien to me so I went for the recommended ones, having some tasters before hand. I loved their ice cream which they were very proud of, and rightly so. I went back the next day to be a bit more adventurous and was not disappointed.

I found the couple very helpful, and very accommodating. I fully recommend stopping in this little friendly shop if you are in the area and try some of their amazing selections. I haven't tasted ice cream like that........ ever, really.

• Visited June 2013
“I must go back, I must go back, I must go back!!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We dropped in after a trip up Snowden, so we were starving, we had amazing home made pies and were told they would even make some to order for our trip back to London the next day! You don't easily find that in London! Then we tried the home made ice cream and fudge.... Literally the best I've tasted, and with my sweet tooth that's a lot! Bought lots to bring home! The couple who ran the place were so charming, telling us about the local area and the castle! We will definitely be back on our next trip.