Bron-y-Graig
Tyddyn Llan(Llandrillo)
US$253
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfamily roomstayed longerlovely hotelbay windowspacious roomtake awayfantastic viewsconverted stableswilliam morrisfull englishmini fridgeadded bonusbooks and gamesbreakfast was excellentnorth walesstayed for one nightdifferent places
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have not stayed in this place, had any food, but was there on the morning of a wedding,
the bride was getting ready to go on to another venue etc, and the owner seemed to be very upset about a guest quoting a online price £9 cheaper, so apart from being really unpleasant, he had enough , and kicked us all out ! ...this was on a wedding day, but he did not care..."your out of here in 6 minutes" that is what he said to me ! I'm sure he will have a perfectly coherent argument about his actions...but it was a young girls wedding day, I feel that he didn't let himself down as a hotelier he let himself down as a human being.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Judith80, Owner at Bron-y-Graig, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

This is the 3rd complaining review from this gentleman. The review made regarding the visit on Wed 28 August is completely untrue, libellous and gives TripAdvisor a really bad name.

This gentleman was one of approximately 12 relative/friends of a family that had booked 4 rooms (2 single, 2 double) with us on Tuesday 27 August ie the night before attending a wedding at a nearby venue. They descended on our small guesthouse the morning after. Contrary to the statement: “stayed August 2013”, these people had not stayed at Bron-y-Graig. They arrived in a series of cars which filled the car park and blocked the drive.

We had made arrangements for the bride (who had stayed overnight) to stay half an hour later than our 11am checkout time, so photos could be taken in our gardens. No-one had asked us if 12 additional people, none of them guests, could take over the rooms, corridors, toilets, lounge and dining room to get changed and take photographs. We were as helpful as possible to these people - whose wedding car operator told me it was the worst organised wedding he had ever serviced in 30 years. One of the non-guests asked me to dry his young child’s trousers as he had wet himself. I washed and dried them for him. The photographers then took over the dining room for more than an hour.

By this time, it was past noon, and another set of guests was trying to arrive, at which point, I suggested that these people hurried up. The professional photographer said to me: “You’re not going to throw the bride out of here on her wedding day?” I said, “Of course not, but you need to be out of my dining room in 6 minutes and take the photographs in the garden as previously arranged.”

As this review is anonymous, and the reviewer did not stay at our establishment, I shall be asking TripAdvisor to remove these libellous comments. If they are not removed, I will sue TripAdvisor, as we have nowhere else to go.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We booked a 2 night stay In August as a last minute summer break for us and our dog. We were impressed with the size and the cleanliness of the room, more than big enough for the 4 of us! Breakfast was good with a varied menu and the owners were polite and helpful. The location of the hotel is great with walks on the doorstep and a good base to explore the surrounding area.
We would definitely recommend Bron y Graig and will certainly return.

Room Tip: Room 8 good size, but watch out for the beams if you are tall!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We booked for 2 nights at the end of July to attend a friends wedding nearby. The day before we were due to arrive we discovered we had no one to look after the dog. "not a problem, dogs are welcome" said the lovely lady on the phone. Our room was huge, with a spacious bathroom - plenty room for the dogs bed. The room had a massive super king size bed, sofa and chair and beautiful view from the window over the garden and valley beyond. We had an excellent breakfast each day, with plenty of everything. I really can not fault this hotel in any way, apart from that one little thing, the smelly toilet 'blue' in the bathroom permeating the whole room. This was quickly remedied by opening the fully functioning sash windows. All in all I can thoroughly recommend this hotel, and hope one day to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Like the writer of the previous review we stayed in room 7 and it was certainly a single rather than a double room and felt very claustrophobic. However, it was spotlessly clean and very well- equipped with fresh white towels, shampoo, shower gel, hospitality tray etc.
Breakfast was excellent with a very good Welsh breakfast plus a choice of cereals, orange juice etc. We asked for fresh fruit from the extras menu and it was beautifully presented with freshly sliced melon, kiwi fruit, grapes, strawberries etc.The breakfast buffet table looked rather bare with just the cereals and milk and juice laid out and this belied the standard of the meal.
We would certainly stay here again, if only to have a better loook at the lovely garden and examine more closely the decor and artefacts with which the owners have restored the house.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Turned up for 11am check in after speaking with manager a few days before(July 2013) who said the room is empty so we can come when you like......on arrival was told that the room had been given to someone else so we were given room 7 (top floor attic room) which is clearly really a single room with a small double bed squashed in under the sloping roof. Decor awful, room filthy (cobwebs and dirt around windows and frames which we opened to try air the room a bit), hair on towels. Manager doesn't care if stay or not. No help offered to take luggage up 2 flights of narrow stairs. (Had been driving for 5 hours to get there). Ended up checking straight out. Location beautiful. Didn't stay to sample breakfast. Wife was none best pleased!

Thanks

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank dsg9875
Judith80, Owner at Bron-y-Graig, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Please read our other reviews before taking any notice of this one. On 17 July the lady phoned and booked 2 nights with us on 2 & 3 August. I only had 2 rooms left – Room 6 or Room 7. Room 6 is £68 per night and Room 7, although a double, is normally let as a single, and was less expensive. The lady chose Room 6.

On 25 July the lady cancelled one of the nights, saying that she had another booking with another hotel for that night, and that they would not let her cancel, and I agreed on the phone to cancel the night she had booked.

On 31 July the lady rang again asking for details of our breakfast so I sent her our breakfast menu. The day before her arrival a late booking was confirmed for 2 nights which I allocated to Room 6 in view of the lady’s cancellation. When she arrived I explained that we now only had Room 7, apologised and said that there was no policy of guaranteeing particular rooms. However, I offered her Room 7 at whatever price she wished to pay.

There was little baggage so my female partner showed them up to the room. An hour later they came down and said they were leaving. I had to remind them to return our key and they asked me several times to confirm that I would not charge them the cancellation fee to which they had previously agreed when they booked the room. Their review is a fabrication justifying their departure to the other hotel which they had probably double-booked.