Review Highlights
Excellent experience

This course was extremely well put together. A relaxed environment with an amazing venue and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
chris s
Southampton, United Kingdom
via mobile
Venison Butchery Course - hampshire

So Jamie can’t be held accountable for the freezing temperatures which is good because just about... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
57barrieb
via mobile

All reviews stag do venison bread new forest amazing weekend survival skills axe throwing great fun birthday party from start to finish knife making laid back second to none knife skills learning how north wales bush craft
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic weekend with Jamie, the Boys and Brew the dog . Bushcraft and butchery weekend (stag do) everything was well organised from the activities we did to the food and accommodation. This beats glamping as you get a kitchen pod for each Bell tent ⛺️ that has two gas hobs along with fresh running water and all the bits and bobs you need such as plates,bowls kettle, and cutlery. Learnt so much in just 3 days I would highly recommend. Bush tucker trial was really tasty . The only downside is the weekend went so fast due to having so much fun 10 out of 10 thanks. Amazing host with so much knowledge and enthusiasm thanks dude!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank JoeHinky
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I just got back yesterday from my Stag party at the Wild Bushcraft Company and would like to say a big thank you to Jamie and the team for putting on such a fantastic weekend – it was an awesome experience and exceeded my expectations at every turn. We chose ‘The Hunter’ package as it provided a wide range of activities, practical lessons on the outdoors as well as the ‘traditional’ stag elements i.e. having a few beers and heading to the pub.
Spanning three days we started Friday with some fire lighting skills and I learned how to start a fire with a bow drill which was hard work but really good fun. We then had an enormous feast of homemade venison stew which was delicious. Next I did a bush tucker trail which was brilliant – I completed all the challenges and packed in a lot of protein (I won’t spoil the surprises!) and then finished off the night with a few beers around the camp fire. Saturday started with a big cooked breakfast which was welcomed after a few beers the night before. We then started on the knife skills and learned how to create small traps by whittling wood and constructing the frames. The rest of the day we got taken through the axe throwing, air rifles and archery – we had an awesome afternoon and had to flexibility to go to any of the activities and do as little or as much as we wanted. We soon started some competitions, made up some challenges and in thoroughly enjoyed the sun. In the evening I got the opportunity to butcher a deer, Jamie was a great teacher and walked me through every step of the way. We cooked up the spoils of my butchery and had some of the nicest venison I’ve had. After some top tucker we then got a taxi onto the local pub called The Grouse which was fantastic – its set in a beautiful location, had a great selection of beers and really friendly staff. Sunday morning we were treated to bacon sandwiches and then headed onto the local gun club to do some clay pigeon shooting. We had Instructors take us through all the techniques and after some practice rounds had a competition which was excellent fun. A true test of a good time is how quickly it seems to go – the last few days felt like they flew by.
I had high expectations before this weekend and can honestly say the experience exceeded what I thought it would be. Our host Jamie filled me with a lot of confidence whilst I was arranging the weekend with him as he was friendly, highly organised and responsive to my queries. He made the whole thing a pleasure to organise and helped me build the weekend tailored to my needs. From arrival to our departure our host Jamie made the whole weekend a pleasure. Jamie is a top bloke and made an instant rapport with everyone; on the way back in the car my friends couldn’t praise him enough.
The site facilities were second to none, the tents were really comfortable with proper beds and duvets – it was the best two night’s sleep I’ve ever had in a tent. The kitchen areas and decking for my tent was great, Jamie’s attention to detail is spot on as we had everything we needed and more to make our stay comfortable. It’s the little things that set a good experience apart from a fantastic one and Jamie has got this down to an art.
If you are looking to do something a little different for a stag party I couldn’t recommend it more. Everyone in our group (16 of us in all) contacted me after we left to say how good a time they had – this particularly salient as our group was made up of different ages, nationalities and both experienced campers and first timers to the outdoors.
I told me future wife about how good a time we had and I’m now lined up to take her to do a course with the Wild Bushcraft Company after the wedding!

Date of experience: May 2018
3  Thank Jamie C
Reviewed 5 May 2018

We were lucky enough to be able to organise a 10th birthday party with Joe as our bushcraft leader. We spent a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon in the woods in Hampshire making spears, playing 'stealth', foraging for omelette/tea ingredients and building fires with tripods. The children (and adults) were thoroughly engaged and Joe had a brilliant relaxed manner and yet was beavering away behind the scenes to ensure that each activity flowed seamlessly together. We all had such a brilliant time and learnt valuable skills along the way. I highly recommended this company- you will not regret booking an activity with such experts in Bushcraft. Thank you for a great party!

1  Thank _lanny111
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Deer butchery course...

My day started with the drive to meet Jamie at the location given on the email booking reciept. Despite the small country roads and repeated scenes of sheep and fields i soon came to the location i needed to be at and it had been easy to find.

Getting out of my car and walking through the gate, i could see a big Viking looking guy stood by the fire with his dog in the process of making a brew... i was breath taken with the setting and set up and we hadnt even spoke yet !! WHAT A PLACE !!!

Within 5 mins of meeting Jamie i knew we was going to get along just fine ! Extremely friendly, laid back and he ouzes experience in what he is doing.

I already have a vast back ground of experince in Deer stalking/Hunting/ Bush craft and purely wanted to learn more on the butchery side of preparing Venison for the table... after a good few coffes and some story telling between us both Jamie egged us on to get started.

Within 10 mins i was learning new skills, knowledge off Jamie and i was constantly encouraged by him throughout the day.

He is a brilliantly laid back but at the same time very charasmatic instructor, any age/experience group would have a brilliant time learning any skills from him.

We covered a lot of knife skills and jointing the meat within the morning, in the afternoon we covered choosing best cuts and cooking (best bit).

To sum it up... Sorry telling, laughing, inspiring tales, coffe, scenery, new skills eating and MORE !

Jamie and his family are working/living the DREAM !

Take you friends !!! family !!! For an AMAZING day out !

Il definately be going back !

Mark

2  Thank Nedkelly28
Reviewed 27 April 2018

this place is fantastic. We were greeted on the Friday by a chilled beer, Jamie's chilled persona and glorious sunshine, and it stayed like that for the rest of the weekend.

The camping set up is second to none with everything you could need and then some.
The activities were run really well and I am in no doubt that in the case of a zombie apocalypse Jamie would definitely survive....not so sure about the rest of us.

The food was delicious.. I've never had a bacon roll like it. The processing and butchering of the deer was great to see and then the taste was next level.

I couldn't recommend enough