“The New Inn, Dyserth, Wales”
Review of The New Inn

The New Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Dyserth
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This is one of our favourate restaurants.The atmosphere is very friendly and relaxed. Ideal for a family on a Sunday. The special roast is lovely with a variety of meats. Makes sure you are very hungry as the starters are the size of a main course, and all portions are large. The slow roast lamb shank and the steak and ale pie are exceptional.

1  Thank patricia E

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Having been recommended by friends, we ate here for the first time recently. My husband had gammon which he said was very good, but my rib-eye steak was not so good, although I did manage to eat most of it. I ordered it to be cooked medium rare and it was very tough. When asked how the meal was, I said that the steak had been rather tough and was told that it was because I had requested it to be cooked medium rare, and that it would have been more tender if I had had it more well done. I'm sorry but I don't agree with that - having been eating rib-eye steak for many years I know that it is not usually so tough. The lady said that if I had complained sooner they would have replaced it, but that would have spoilt the feel of the evening as my husband was enjoying his meal and I would have had to wait for a replacement meal. Apart from that, the surroundings were pleasant and the waiting on staff averagely good. If we do go back, I definitely won't be having the steak!!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

We arrived without booking, and they squeezed us in, Great wine, and beer on tap, well recommended. My hubby eats out in 5 star restaurants all the time on business trips, in UK and overseas , and he highly rated this one, for both service, and choices. Great daily specials too, and they served an 'off ' menu for my 12 year old picky son too.- Worth visiting!!!

1  Thank Hincheye
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Friends booked a table tonight that they especially wanted us to eat at,when we arrived we where told they had not requested that specific table and could not sit there. We thought when you book a numbered table you get that table, obviously not don't think we will go again.

retroelectro666, Manager at The New Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Hello there. Im sorry you did not get the table you requested. We do say that there are certain occasions and circumstances when we cannot keep particular tables and alternatives will be offered. On this evening, your table had been requested by someone requiring disabled access, and had not finished their meals by the time you came in. I tried to make your evening as enjoyable as possible- serving drinks at the table personally and ensuring there was no delay on your food even though we were exceptionally busy. Obviously this, along with the standard of food, was forgotten when you wrote this review. Many thanks for your input however.
Kind regards
Jason Vernon

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Nice location and ideal for a pleasent beer, nice to be with the locals, combine this with maybe the water falls over the road and you cannot go wrong

Jason V, General Manager at The New Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Hello there- Many thanks for your review! Glad you liked our pub and the setting- Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Jason Vernon