We stayed as a couple with our dog for two nights. The pub is set in the very remote village of Llarnarmon. We were greeted by a young girl on reception who was very helpful and gave us some ideas of where to walk during our stay. It's great that the pub takes dogs although the only downside with the area is that there aren't many fields/woodland you can let the dog off the lead and walk through. We borrowed a book of walking routes from the bar but this seemed outdated as most of the routes we tried to take were closed off. As there weren't many walking routes we could find we ended up driving to snowdonia and walking here - throughly recommended but quite a way from the pub. Food was very nice but they could do with some more 'light bite' options for the summer eg salads and fish. One thing to bear in mind here is that the walls are VERY thin. Unfortunately on our second night the couple in the room next door left their dog in the room for the evening when they went down for dinner and the bar. The dog barked all evening and kept us from having an early night in preparation for our 4 hour drive home. Take some ear plugs just in case you are also placed next to inconsiderate guests! Overall friendly owners and staff and a room that did the job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hand is an ancient hostelry with all the attributes you'd expect - bags of character, a cosy, relaxing ambience and a warm welcome from your hosts, Jonathan and Jackie Greatorex. As soon as you arrive you feel the weight of the world dissolving as the surroundings work their magic. All the classic ingredients are here - old beams, roaring fireplaces, a casual mix-and-match of pine and oak furniture, real ale and good food. The latter is seriously good. Thanks to the talents of Head Chef Grant Mulholland and his team, The Hand is renowned for award-winning food, an inventive marriage of country fare and sophisticated metropolitan cuisine. The bedrooms, in a variety of sizes, reflect similar influences, with rustic decor and sparkling modern bathrooms. Country lovers just love the location. You can walk in the Berwyns for hours with only the sheep for company and the ever-helpful Hand can arrange many country pursuits, including horse riding, fishing and shooting. You may be away from it all, but you'll also be in the swing of things; this gem of a country inn is so much a part of village life that locals and visitors mix in unaffected harmony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your The Hand at Llanarmon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hand At Llanarmon Hotel Llanarmon Dc
- Hand At Llanarmon Dc
- The Hand At Llanarmon Llanarmon DC, Wales