There seems to be no option to leave a restaurant review for The Hand elsewhere but as food usually plays an important part in any hotel stay I shall leave comment here!
First off, just to say that Llanarmon is a charming and character-filled remote village and the arrival is spectacularly beautiful whichever way you approach. The Hand itself is a lovely building with a nice spacious bar area and a most attractive restaurant. A warm relaxed welcome adds to the appealing ambience.
So the food? Quite simply first rate. We chose starters of Perl Las cheese brûlée and Duck pakora. The pakora was flavoursome, balanced and nicely presented. Possibly the brûlée required just a little more flavour but it was very enjoyable indeed and an excellent concept. Our mains selections of duck with belly pork and lamb cutlets accompanied by perfectly cooked vegetables, mashed potatoes and fluffy centred chips were more or less sublime! Excellent meat expertly cooked. The cassis onions served with the lamb deserve special merit as being both an inspired, unusual idea and a roaring success! All the food was just simply 'right' in that seemingly effortless way that only a good kitchen can achieve.
Highly recommended! We feel sure you will enjoy the journey to Llanarmon and the experience and food when you arrive at The Hand. We plan to stay a day or two the next time we visit so we can do it all over again and for longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hand is an ancient hostelry with all the attributes you'd expect - bags of character, a cosy, relaxing ambience and a warm welcome from your hosts, Jonathan and Jackie Greatorex. As soon as you arrive you feel the weight of the world dissolving as the surroundings work their magic. All the classic ingredients are here - old beams, roaring fireplaces, a casual mix-and-match of pine and oak furniture, real ale and good food. The latter is seriously good. Thanks to the talents of Head Chef Grant Mulholland and his team, The Hand is renowned for award-winning food, an inventive marriage of country fare and sophisticated metropolitan cuisine. The bedrooms, in a variety of sizes, reflect similar influences, with rustic decor and sparkling modern bathrooms. Country lovers just love the location. You can walk in the Berwyns for hours with only the sheep for company and the ever-helpful Hand can arrange many country pursuits, including horse riding, fishing and shooting. You may be away from it all, but you'll also be in the swing of things; this gem of a country inn is so much a part of village life that locals and visitors mix in unaffected harmony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Hand at Llanarmon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hand At Llanarmon Hotel Llanarmon Dc
- Hand At Llanarmon Dc
- The Hand At Llanarmon Llanarmon DC, Wales