“A true Welsh treasure”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llandrillo
Y Llwyn Guest House
Ranked #2 of 3 Llandrillo B&B and Inns
Frankfurt am Main
“A true Welsh treasure”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a true Welsh treasure. Very nice surroundings and ideal for some walking in the country through green hills and cattle. The owner is wonderful. As for the breakfast, you may for example try the Welsh rarebit. By the way, there is a gorgeous restaurant just within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
YLlwyn, Owner at Y Llwyn Guest House, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hi again

It was so good hear that you enjoyed the Welsh rarebit, my version of course, it was so nice to meet you as well. I do meet a lot of wonderful people here, you are all a part of my big family.
Just picking the gooseberries in my garden, and preparing to make some more jams, and perhaps fruit fool to serve with yogurt for breakfast??
It is the International Eisteddfod nearby at Llangollen next week, and they have some wonderful concerts there all week. Jazz and modern music. It will be wonderful.
With competitiors from all over the world.
Just come along, book your tickets online. i still have a few rooms available for YOU!!

Thanks for this wonderful review, you are so kind. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
chester
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A lovely B&B in a beautiful area. We were given such a warm welcome by Eirlys and enjoyed sitting in her garden in the sunshine drinking a cold beer after our journey there. Our room was lovely - spotlessly clean with the most amazing views. Breakfast the next morning was fantastic and the home made preserves were a lovely touch. We would highly recommend and wouldn't hesitate in going back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
YLlwyn, Owner at Y Llwyn Guest House, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi again
I am so glad that you enjoyed yourselves while you were here although it was just a short stay.
Perhaps I could entice you to come again sometime, there are so many things to do around here, as in walking the Berwyn range of mountains, bird watching, visiting aquaducts, canals, watersports, get wet, get high, get shot is nearby, within 1/2 a mile, we have 4 wonderful places to eat within and near the village of Llandrillo, and within 41/2 miles there is a new bistro that has just opened. I can tell you about them.
We have a steam train at Bala, Ffestiniog and Llangollen, and that line is due to come all the way to Corwen very soon, so watch this space.
Snowdon is only an hour from here, the highest mountain in England and Wales.

Thanks again, and hope to see you soon!
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed one night en route home with Eirlys, who was friendly and welcoming and very patient and encouraging with our attempts, as learners of Welsh, to converse with her in her native tongue.
The refreshments she gave us on arrival were a nice surprise.
Our room was clean, large, with commanding views of the Berwyn hills, popular with walkers.The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed a good night's sleep.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
YLlwyn, Owner at Y Llwyn Guest House, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thanks for your kind words, it was a please to be with you what ever the language, it just makes it even easier for me to carry on talking!! Any time!
It's good to hear good news always, and good that you enjoyed yourselves.
Now with all this wonderful weather we are having we can do all sorts of things outdoors, and it is a beautiful part of the country that we live in, with green fields and trees to look at from the bedrooms and of course from the breakfast room and the sitting room.
I also love gardening luckily, and it is now in full bloom.
The fruit in the kitchen garden is ripening and I will be making more jams and marmalades these days!!
I hope that you will be here again very soon.
Diolch yn fawr-Thanks again!!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I arrived late at Y Llwyn, having phone Eirlys earlier to warn her that I needed to get to the pub first for food. The pub saved me a meal and when i got to Y Llwyn I just relaxed as everything was so comfy and welcoming.

Later on I was cleaning my boots chatting to Eirlys about this and that and it was very pleasant, but I would like to point out that Eirlys has a bit of a mischievous side, she was clearly enjoying my difficult in trying to say Llandrillo and Machynlleth.

All the small shower gels and shampoos are at hand, not the basic bar of soap I got in the previous B&B.

Room Tip: The room I had was brill. They are named after Welsh mountains i believe.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
YLlwyn, Owner at Y Llwyn Guest House, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thanks for your kind review, and for spending time to write it.
I did not realize that I was mischievous, what me? Never!
You stayed in the Ceidiog room actually, and that is the river that flows through Llandrillo, it must be comfy then! Get here earlier next time if you want value for money and count sheep on the mountain if you want sleep quality!
Wasn't this the exact location for your route from Llangollen to Machynlleth over the Berwyn mountain???? I did check your review very carefully! Of course it was late and dark when you arrived, were you at the correct location?? Only joking!
Keep on walking then, this is a wonderful area for walking, cycling also bird watching. An area of scientific interest.
get wet- get high-get shot locally.
white water rafting, sailing, canoeing and kyacking near Bala.
Steam trains from Llangollen to Corwen very soon, at Bala, Ffestiniog etc etc.
There's plenty to do around here, and four great places to eat.
See you again soon! Thanks.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

A lovely, welcoming b&b in the peaceful hamlet of Llandrillo - great for exploring N Wales. Rooms are very comfortable and immaculate. Breakfast was beautifully cooked using local produce and Eirlys' home made preserves are delicious. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
YLlwyn, Owner at Y Llwyn Guest House, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you so much for leaving this wonderful review, people that have never visited Y Llwyn Guesthouse, and the little villages here in the north, like to know what to expect when they come here, there's a lot of history in these parts, and of course the best places to EAT!!

I am so glad that you enjoyed yourselves!

I would like go point out that a new railway, joining the Llangollen railway at Carrog, will be coming to Corwen, very soon, which is nearby, so I expect that there will be a lot of interest??

I look forward to meeting you again soon!!
Godstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Very pretty village & great place to stay for exploring the Berwyn mountains, lovely room with tea making facilities & ensuite, very nice restaurant in village but beware the map in centre of the village as it is upside down ie North is at the bottom so can lead you astray, apart from that lovely place to stay for a tranquil break

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark T
YLlwyn, Owner at Y Llwyn Guest House, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Thank you for leaving this good review, I value your time and effort, and thank goodness that the awkward map is not my fault! But when you stay at Y Llwyn I have my own private map, and with plenty of local knowledge.
You don't have to stand on your head to get to the ridge of Cadair Berwyn either.Sorry, that must be my Welsh humour for you.
Just making more marmalades and jams with all the fruit in my garden, and baking fresh bread for breakfast.
See you again soon!
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We loved our time at the Y Llwyn. My husband and I stayed two nights. Immediately when we came in, Eirlys was very welcoming. She even made us Welsh tea and homemade scones. The bed was very comfortable and everything was so clean. We also enjoyed learning little tidbits about the area, history, Welsh words, etc. You would not get that at a chain hotel!

Our breakfast was delicious- homemade toast and jam, tasty omelets, great coffee- you will not go hungry here. We even bought some of Eirlys’s homemade jam to take home because we liked it so much.

Our favorite part of the trip was our hike to the mountain next to the town, and it would not have happened without a suggestion from Eirlys. She drew out a map so we could find Neolithic rock arrangements at the top of the mountain. It was one of the coolest things we have ever seen.

Our dinners in Llandrillo were top notch too- we ate both nights at the Dudley Arms Hotel and everything we ordered was delicious. The servers were friendly- and when else do you get to eat in a pub where they all speak Welsh? Obviously, we liked it since we went both nights to the same place! A great deal and they give you so much food.

Llandrillo is a tiny town rich with history and in a perfect spot if you are going to Snowdonia National Park. We thoroughtly enjoyed our time there and hope to go back soon!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hayley M
YLlwyn, Owner at Y Llwyn Guest House, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
You are so kind, thank you so much for such a wonderful review!
The Neolithic stone circle is so magical, I wish someone could tell me more about it!
The history of it??
The view from the top of the Berwyn mountains is breathtaking. We do have three peaks accessible from Llandrillo, and it has been said that there have been 19 aeroplane crashes on the highest peek! Cadair Berwyn.
We have had some summery weather lately, just right for a short break!
I'm glad that you were comfortable here.
Hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandrillo
The Stiperstones Inn
#18 of 56 in Shrewsbury
Tyddyn Llan
Tyddyn Llan
#1 of 3 in Llandrillo

Been to Y Llwyn Guest House? Share your experiences!